Tuft and Needle 5" Review

Hi CuloInteligente and sheep123,

My name is Stephen, I am one of the teammates with Tuft & Needle. I wanted to personally reach out and say I am sorry about your discount not being applied. Phoenix is correct, please reach out to us with your information at [email protected] or call us at 877-842-2586. We will get this taken care of asap.

Thanks again for the support and we are happy you’re enjoying the mattress!

Hey Everyone-

I did receive my MU discount from Tuft and Needle!

I didn’t realize it was coming in the form of a credit on my credit card- I thought it was going to be a “rebate check” sort of thing coming in the mail.

I looked more closely at my credit card bill from December (received a couple weeks ago)- and indeed the credit was there!

Thanks for looking into this Pheonix, and thank you Stephen for responding.

Still loving our 10" queen TN, received mid-December. We are definitely keeping it!

Awesome!

Let us know if we can help with anything else. Contact us at [email protected]

JT
Tuft & Needle

I just wanted to update my review to add Tuft & Needle has acknowledged the refund mistake and they are taking all measures to get that member discount back to me ASAP. They are very good at communicating with me. They really go above and beyond in that aspect. What a great company. I will post back when I receive the refund. Thanks Tuft & Needle.

Is there a thread for the T&N 10"? I’m seriously about to pull the trigger and would love some reassurance!

https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/the-10-in-tuft-needle-diary

Hi Sleeplessinlawrence,

In addition to the many comments in the topic that CuloInteligente linked (thanks CuloInteligente :)) I would also keep in mind each person’s experience can be different from others and that Tuft & Needle have a great return policy so there is very little risk in trying it to see how it feels for you and your own sleeping experience will be the “best” reassurance about whether it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences).

Some of the comments there are also about their older design and there is more information about their newer design in posts #2 and #6 here and the rest of the topic.

Phoenix

I received my T&N 6.5% discount today and the mattress isn’t set to be delivered until four days from now, so they are pretty efficient with refunding it!

Hi dwzemens,

Thanks for the update and it’s good to hear that you received your rebate so quickly :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hello all,

I just wanted to comment I received my discount, no problems. Tuft & Needle are good people B)

Is the feel of the mattress like latex with a bounce? I hate the sinking feeling with memory foam. Our bed is a Simmons beauty rest 19 years old.

Hi CuloInteligente,

Thanks for the update and for letting us know that you received your discount :slight_smile:

@NYnygirl77,

Hopefully some of the members here that have purchased it will share their experiences and while each person may have a very different opinion or description of the same mattress … it would probably be fair to say that the comfort layers aren’t as resilient or “bouncy” as latex but they also aren’t a slow response and temperature sensitive material like memory foam where you sleep more “in” the mattress and there is no resilience at all. It would be somewhere in between (less resilient than latex but still much more of an “on the mattress” feel than the “in the mattress” feel of memory foam).

Phoenix

Hello,

Thanks for starting this thread because I was eager to know about the difference between the 5" and the 10".

I want to ask have your feelings changed since your last post? Also how do sheets fit on the 5"? Lastly has any one else purchased the 5" and can share any thoughts? Thank you

-cnj27

Hello CJ,

My feelings have not changed. Queen sheets fit my queen mattress as intended. I have no buyer’s remorse and I still love getting into bed like I did on day 1.

Respectfully,

CI

Hi all,

I am a new member and this is my first post here.

First of all, I would like to thank you for maintaining this site. A week ago I was so confused about buying a mattress. But after a week of reading all the material here, I think I can make a more informed choice.

I have slept on a firm bed always (even on the floor often). I am a back/side sleeper. I have never really slept on a foam/latex bed and I am not sure I would like the sinking/bouyant feeling respectively, so I am more inclined to try something simpler first, like T&N.

I must add I live in the Boston area, and I intend to check out Boston bed, Bed works, and Spindle mattress stores. But I think right now I am leaning towards the T&N mattress for its simplicity and my personal familiarity with this kind of bed.

I will let you know how my experiences go, since I have learnt so much from others describing their experiences here.

Thanks once again!

Hi kunal,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

It sounds like you are doing some very good research (and making good use of the forum search tools since it seems you have already found much of the information you were looking for about online and local options) and I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding after your local testing … and of course any comments or questions you may have along the way.

Phoenix

I visited 2 out of the three stores(boston bed, bed works) mentioned above and they are all wonderful stores and very helpful. I did like some of the memory foam beds at both the places above, but I think the sinking feeling did bother me (I could get used to it I suppose in the long run).

However, i have gone ahead with the T&N 5 inch model, since i think that would suit me best, and I am curious to try out their mattress. The reason to go with the 5 was because i like a simple and elegant mattress, and their specs are the same as the 10. it should arrive in a week or so, and I will keep you guys posted.

I should add, excellent customer service and ordering on the phone was a breeze. Quick note: they do not list the 5 inch model on their website any more, but on the phone you could order it.

-Kunal

Hi kunal,

Tuft & Needle is still selling their Five on Amazon but they must have just recently removed it from their own site. Thanks for the heads up.

Most importantly … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you’ve received it.

Phoenix

Update:

I have been wanting to write an update about my experience with Tuft and Needle for a while, but finally made the time for it today.

I had listed on here that I had purchased the 5 inch model, but a day after I ordered and speaking their customer service I changed my order to their 10 inch model. I received the mattress a couple of days ahead of schedule, and unpacking the mattress was pretty straightforward. I had the mattress placed directly on the floor.

My first impression of the mattress was that it was very well made, especially the cover. There was very limited odor, and i was able to sleep on it within a few hours of unpacking it. My first few nights on the mattress were pretty good, but my first impression was that it was a bit too soft for me. I wanted to give it a good shot and continued to sleep on it for another 30-40 days before deciding.

As I continued to sleep on it, I felt it got softer and softer and finally after 40 days, I decided to go ahead and return it. The customer service with the Tuft and Needle were really helpful and helped me through the return process in a swift manner.

I was a bit disappointed to return the mattress since I really liked the company and the mattress quality, but it just did not work for me. And everyone’s preferences are subjective so I am sure it would work for a lot of people.

After this, I decided to shop local and ended with a mattress from the Mattress Maker of New England in Brockton, and that has been working out great for me. I will be posting a separate thread about my experience with them as well.

Hi kunal,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Your experience with the firmness of the Tuft & Needle is somewhat unusual because most people tend to find it more on the firmer end of the range than some of the other “simplified choice” mattresses but as you mentioned each person has their own unique sense of what they feel is soft or firm compared to others.

It’s great that you had the foresight to choose a mattress with a great return policy so you can try it out in “real life” and decide whether it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP and it’s also great to hear that the return process was so painless.

Phoenix