Tuft and needle vs Brooklyn bedding best mattress ever?

I’ve been considering all the “simplified choice” mattresses, including both Tuft & Needle [T&N] and Brooklyn Bedding [BB].

One striking contrast that came through for me, that others may have missed, is about the size of the mattress and what each company deems acceptable variability within the stated mattress dimensions.

I was shocked to read this on the BB site:
“Mattress sizes may vary +/- 1-1/2” & weights are approximate."

One and a half inches is a lot!

I had a dissatisfying online chat with BB customer service, in which the representative gave various conflicting answers about how common that level of size variation is and why (one reason given was so blankets can be tucked in). I feel you are the factory producing your own product, you should have the quality control to produce your stated product in the stated standard mattress size. And your customer service reps should know what they are talking about and present information clearly and confidently to customers (with proper punctuation and capitalization, but that’s a separate quality issue).

By contrast, here is the response I got by email from T&N customer service when I asked how much variability there is in the sizing for each individual mattress made:

“In regards to variability in the sizing of the mattress, it could vary by half an inch on each side. If you notice any variation more than that, we would suggest waiting a week for it to fully expand. If it still hasn’t come to full size, then it would be considered out of spec and we would definitely get you a replacement right away.”

That’s the kind of commitment and service I expect, and I have been very impressed with all customer service interactions I’ve had with T&N. In fact, I just took the plunge and bought a mattress today :).

I’d like to thank Phoenix and the folks who have posted here for helping me learn about and decide on a new mattress and base. My T&N 100 nights will start sometime next week.

(An aside here about sizes: It has been a little frustrating for me to shop for both a mattress and something to put it on that will be the appropriate dimensions and materials to suit the size for the mattress, slat spacing, height from the floor to the mattress, etc. Phoenix’s resource about mattress bases is a great place to start. But so many bases/foundations and beds are just not designed for standard mattress sizes! Many have such idiosyncratic dimensions, it’s hard to imagine anything other than that company’s custom mattress fitting in or on it.)