Ultimate Dreams 12" Supreme Gel vs Dynasty 15" Luxury Grand

My wife and I are currently looking for a new memory foam mattress to replace our old spring bed. We initially went to Mattress Firm and tested out some of the Tempur-Pedics. Our favorites were:

• Tempur-Cloud Elite
  • Tempur-Cloud Supreme Breeze
  • Tempur-GrandBed

We liked these 3 because they’re all on the medium-soft side of the sprectrum. I’m a 160 lb side sleeper with bad rotator cuffs, and my wife is a 100 lb back and side sleeper with upper back, shoulder, and neck pain. So we’re hoping a new mattress will provide some relief.

While we liked the Tempur-Pedics, we determined their prices were way too high, so we began looking for mattresses online. After much research, we narrowed down our options to two mattresses:

• Ultimate Dreams 12" Supreme Gel (comparable to Tempur-Cloud Supreme)
  • Dynasty 15" Luxury Grand (comparable to Tempur-GrandBed)

If the Dynasty truly compares to a much more expensive mattress than the Ultimate Dreams (the GrandBed and Supreme Breeze, respectively), I’d prefer to get the Dynasty. However, I’m weary of its quality as the price is so much lower than the GrandBed and several Amazon reviewers have reported body indentations within a few months. The Ultimate Dreams has more consistently positive Amazon reviews, so I’m slightly leaning towards that one as it probably would be a less risky purchase.

If anyone has answers to any of these questions, it would be much appreciated:

• Which mattress would better suit us based on our preferences and profiles?
  • Which mattress more accurately imitates its Tempur-Pedic counterpart, both in quality and feel?
  • Do the Tempur-Pedic Cloud Supreme and Cloud Supreme Breeze feel the same but just cool differently?

Thanks!

Hi kjwagener,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place I would start is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Once of the links it includes is post #13 here which talks about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

If you are using Tempurpedic as a reference point I would do some careful testing (using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post) to narrow down your options to a single mattress because the three you are considering are all very different mattresses with different comfort levels.

There is more in post #2 here about the Dynasty Luxury Grand 15-Inch mattress you are considering and there is more about Dynasty in general in posts #3 and #4 here as well and I would be very cautious here because either their shipping weights are wrong or their description about the materials in the mattress is wrong.

As you probably know … Dreamfoam is one of the members of this site and I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency.

There are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to predict which mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” so when you can’t test a mattress in person, then the most effective way to decide which mattress would have the best chance of success is a more detailed conversation on the phone with a knowledgeable and experienced manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and is more interested in helping you make the most suitable choice than they are in just selling you anything you are willing to buy (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

The return policy for any online purchase may also be an important part of the “value” of a mattress purchase so you can use your own sleeping experience to decide whether a mattress is a suitable choice so if you are considering a Dreamfoam mattress then I would purchase it from the Dreamfoam site so that you have the benefit of their 45 day comfort guarantee and you can also take advantage of the 10% discount that they currently have available (see their facebook page here).

Dynasty has a 120 day return policy but the customer is responsible for shipping costs and since this would need to be shipped back with common carrier once it has decompressed the cost for returning the mattress would be substantial.

I doubt you would find someone that has tried both (most people would either try one or the other) but “feel” is also very subjective so a mattress that feels the same or very similar for one person may feel different for someone else. There is more in post #9 here about the different ways that one mattress can “approximate” another one but your own experience will really be the only way for you to know how any mattress feels for you or how closely it approximates another mattress.

They would feel similar but not the same (some people comment that the Breeze versions feel a little bit “stiffer”). There is also more about the cooling benefits of gel memory foams in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Thank you for the guidance, Phoenix!

We decided to go with the Ultimate Dreams mattress due to your and others’ warnings regarding Dynasty Mattresses. We went through Dreamfoam’s website to get the 10% off - thanks for informing me about that!

Hi kjwagener,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

You certainly made a good choice and I’m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix