Ultimate Dreams 13" Gel Memory Foam Mattress - First Impressions

Hi paerly,

I didnā€™t think that delivery this evening seemed reasonable either ā€¦ but Thursday is still pretty good.

As you mentioned the free pillow applies to Dreamfoam fulfilled orders (Amazon isnā€™t a member of the site).

Phoenix

Initial Impressions:

First, very well packaged. NO hint of directions on what to do to get it out of the plasticā€¦

So we carry the large box into our apartment. Sitting in the living room, we begin to remove the first layer of protective plastic it appeared to be wrapped in (still rolled up). Half way through removing the first layer, it begins expanding. We had to rush the mattress into the bedroom before it became unmanageable. I would have really liked some indication of the correct procedure for opening it.

Second, the latex paint scent was hardly overpowering (or really strong at all). Definitely not worth any concern.

Third, MUCH MUCH firmer than the Cloud Luxe we tried out. Now, we know itā€™s brand new so itā€™ll soften a little, and we know that the cloud luxe we tried out had probably had 8,000 butts plop down on it, so weā€™re not holding it against it. The build quality is quite impressive, especially for the price, and we both find it to be initially more comfortable than our old mattress.

Will report back in about a week after Iā€™ve experienced sleeping on it.

Hi paerly,

Thanks for the update and feedback ā€¦ I appreciate it.

The mattress will be firmer when itā€™s first expanded but will soften as the foam inside fully relaxes and warms up with room temperature and regains all its loft ā€¦ and it will also soften a bit as it breaks in over the first few weeks after that.

Iā€™m looking forward to your next update.

Phoenix

Reviving a decently old threadā€¦

So, we purchased this mattress a tiny bit over 5 years ago now and I have to say it was great while it lasted. In Sept of 2014, I was diagnosed after a rough episode with MS. The newer mattress definitely helped at the time.

Now however, the mattress has sagged so much that for me, who is already in constant pain, just canā€™t handle. Itā€™s so bad Iā€™ve considered sleeping on the floor. I wake up multiple times a night, have now relegated my poor husband to a sliver so I can attempt to sleep in the middle where there is a tiny bit of support left. Problem is itā€™s such a hill that itā€™s hard to even get there and in the night I end up rolling back into my hole, and itā€™s a HUGE hole.

I may even buy one of the cheapies on amazon just to get by until we have the money for something better.

There is a 10 year warranty for sagging, so I tried to contact the company through Amazon (at 4:45am not sleeping again) figuring it would provide my order number easily to them and it bounced back. I sent an email straight to the company and never heard back (but at least it didnā€™t bounce), and the old number I have just rings. I assume they arenā€™t in business anymore? I was hoping they could save me with another of this old model or even another cheapy they have sitting around, I could always throw a topper on itā€¦ but I guess theyā€™re done?

If you know otherwise Phoenix please let me know. A lot of rough sleepless nights here right now. Also if you have any recommend for a decent cheapy on amazon that has a little support to get me by ONLY temporarily until I can refill the mattress coffers that would be great as well.

Thanks!

@TheKdd - The Ultimate Dreams line of mattresses still seem to be available, and the Dreamfoam Bedding company is a division of Brooklyn Bedding which is definitely still in business and known to be a reputable company. You should be able to contact DFB via phone, email, or their contact form which are all given here: https://www.dreamfoambedding.com/contact/. You can see the details of their warranty here:https://www.dreamfoambedding.com/warranty/. One thing to note regarding sagging as youā€™re experiencing is that the warranty only covers impressions of 1.5" or greater, and that is measured with no weight on the mattress. Often as mattresses age they lose support but may not have a depression visible when not under any weight and that is generally considered unwarrantable. Also make sure that your mattress is properly supported as described on the warranty page. Hope this helps and let us know how helpful they are in resolving your issue.

Thank you so much for the quick response. I sent a message.

Itā€™s definitely an inch and a half, more really,with no weight and I purchased the platform Chuck recommended at the time so hopefully they can help. Iā€™m dying over here.

In the meantime I also purchased one for my daughter at the same time as mine and hers is still perfect (same platform) so canā€™t complain there.

Thanks again!

Glad to hear your description of the visible sagging, since sometimes the foam breaks down and just gets too soft over time which isnā€™t considered a valid warranty issue. I expect that youā€™ll hear back from them soon (and if not give them a call) and that itā€™s likely youā€™ll likely get a new replacement under warranty. I know that not being able to sleep well can be very frustrating and unhealthy so hopefully it will be resolved quickly for you!

Hey TheKdd,

Thanks or the post and let us know how the warranty issue turns out.

Hey, Sweet Dreams thank you so much for your help and perfect responses. I especially like your point about many warranties:

The warranty process is sometimes frustrating for many consumers. Thanks again.

Sensei