ultimate dreams 13 inch gel from dreamfoam

Hi Uribees,

I would be very cautious about choosing a mattress that is too soft if you spend a significant amount of time sleeping on your stomach.

Stomach sleepers generally need a thinner and firmer comfort layer to prevent their pelvis from sinking down too far and sleeping in a swayback position which can lead to lower back pain and discomfort when you wake up in the morning. Side sleepers on the other hand generally need thicker/softer comfort layers so that their pressure points (hips and shoulders) can sink into the mattress more deeply to provide the pressure relief that they need so the needs of stomach sleeping and side sleeping can be very different. When you need to make a compromise between the these two sleeping positions then it’s generally best to choose a mattress that is “just barely soft enough” to relieve pressure points for side sleeping so that there is less risk to alignment in your other sleeping positions … especially your stomach.

I would make sure you have done some very careful testing on the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe (using the testing guidelines in the tutorial) to confirm that a mattress that soft is a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). I would always keep in mind that the subjective “comfort” or “showroom feel” of a mattress may not translate well into your actual sleeping experience once you actually sleep on a mattress.

There is more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of PPP in post #2 here that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for once you actually sleep on your mattress. I would make sure that you test carefully for alignment and pressure relief as well as just the subjective “comfort” of a mattress…

If your testing clearly indicates that the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe is a good match for you in terms of PPP and you are confident that it would be a suitable choice then the Dreamfoam 13 gel memory foam mattress would certainly be a much better value choice than the Tempurpedic but I would always keep in mind that how well you sleep on a mattress is the most important part of the “value” of a mattress purchase.

Phoenix