Ultimate Dreams Eurotop latex mattress-need some advice

Hi Tyson,

Like bkim … I also believe that local testing can help you make your best decision regardless of whether you choose to order locally or online. It can certainly make a difference to have a reference point of your own experience so that you have a reasonable idea of what the mattress may feel like and how different it may be from your Miralux. To my knowledge, the Miralux (which was made by IBC which is now bankrupt) has a quilting layer of soft polyfoam (like the Ultimate Dreams) but that is where the similarities end and the Miralux used memory foam under this (I don’t know the density) and then had an innerspring under that while the Ultimate dreams would have latex comfort layer and a polyfoam support core under that. These are very different mattresses.

The bamboo is the fabric that is used in the cover. The latex comfort layer will be much more durable than the types of materials that are usually used in a pillowtop including polyfoam or the memory foam that the Miralux used.

So I would definitely encourage you to do some local testing so you are familiar with the feel of latex and the difference between it and memory foam and also the difference in the feel of an innerspring vs a foam core.
I’m not sure where in New Jersey you are but some of your better options in the NJ/NYC area are in post #7 here. bkim has already shared some of his experiences with some of the better options on the list as well (thanks bkim :)).

You have some great choices available both locally and online but as much as possible I would always start with some local testing because it will give you a much better reference point no matter which direction you decide to go.

If you are in a different part of New Jersey, let me know and I will point you in the direction of any other options I know about that may be closer to you.

Phoenix