ultimate dreams gel memory foam 12" good choice?

Hi, this is my first post on the forum. I’ve learned a lot about making a decision on what mattress to purchase. I’ve contacted chuck over at dream foam and thru some conversation he suggested the ultimate dream gel foam 12" (supreme) or the 13" (aria). My wife and I tried out the tempur rhapsody breeze and cloud supreme breeze and loved both but really loved the “cradling” that the cloud supreme had. I know comfort is very important when choosing a mattress, but so is support. The rhapsody felt like it had more support but the cloud supreme felt more comfortable and cozy. We are both 5’-10". I weigh 210 and she is around 180ish. Would the ultimate dream supreme 12" give proper support/spine alignment? We are both leaning towards purchasing that one but I’m such a research fanatic that I want to make sure thats the right choice. Thanks for providing such an insightful place to help with mattress shopping :slight_smile:

Hi silverpunk,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! … and I’m glad you found us :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I can’t feel what you feel or see you on the mattress in person so there is really no way for me to know which mattress would be best for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). Even with similar body types … PPP can be different for each person on the same mattress (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

IMO … the most important part of the three P’s is good alignment in all your sleeping positions followed by pressure relief followed by personal preferences.

“Comfortable and cozy” is very subjective and has little benefit when you are asleep and can’t feel the mattress if you are sleeping out of alignment and wake up with stiffness or back pain. I would keep in mind that it’s always possible to add extra comfort/pressure relief with a topper but there is no great way to improve the support of a mattress that is too soft because it would normally involve removing and replacing the foam layers that are too thick or soft.

I would make sure that you do some careful and objective testing using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post on both the Rhapsody Breeze and the Cloud Supreme Breeze and then make your choice based on another conversation with them that includes the more specific results of your testing and which one your testing indicates is the best match for you.

Phoenix