Ultimate Dreams Total Latex Mattress

@ S0L0,

There are two manufacturers of blended Talalay latex. Latex international has a 30/70 (NR/SBR) blend and Radium also has a 30/70 (NR/SBR) blend.

@ hubbs,

For the vast majority of people … 8" to 9" of latex would be all they need. In some cases people who are in the high 200’s or more or wh have other reasons may choose slightly thicker (say 12"). There’s more about the thickness of latex mattresses in post #14 here.

They use 100% natural Talalay in their Talalay layers which is more expensive than 100% natural Dunlop. Their pricing is also very costly. As a rough comparison … “organic” Dunlop would be the rough equivalent of 100% natural Talalay (there is a premium attached to the “organic” certification), 100 % natural Dunlop would be the rough equivalent of blended talalay and then blended Dunlop would be in the bottom pricing rung.

Natura is typically much more costly than many other local or online manufacturers as well but for a 6" latex mattress the floor model is at least reasonable (for 6" of natural Dunlop latex and a fairly thick layer of wool). The PLB topper is also much more costly than many other topper sources as well (see post #4 here) and is also on the soft side (14 - 15 ILD) for what most people would do best with (or that would be the most durable because even latex in much softer versions won’t be as durable as higher ILD’s). A 6" single core Dunlop mattress would typically be too firm for most people. I know when I tested the Eco Rest the lack of comfort layer made it very uncomfortable. The Natura Eco Haven with a separate 2" layer on top was much better for me but the comfort layer still wasn’t thick/soft enough for our preferences although others may think it’s perfect. I would have chosen either a softer core or a thicker comfort layer to improve pressure relief but of course that’s only my preferences (or more accurately our preferences because my DH thought the same thing).

Phoenix