Unable to decide which foam to choose for mattress

I will be purchasing a Savvy Rest Serenity Spring mattress. It is one layer of foam over firm springs. I would have the option to switch out the foam within 90 days but that would cost about $200 in shipping charges which I would like to avoid. I have received conflicting advice from various people so I wanted another one. All the people that gave me advice seemed knowledgeable so I am not sure which advice to take.

I tried a Savvy Rest Serenity mattress which is three layers of foam but no coils. There is not an option to try a Serenity Spring mattress near me. The one I preferred had these specifications:

Top: Medium Dunlop
Middle : Medium Dunlop
Bottom: Firm Donlup

The sales associate at the store seemed to believe a spring would make the feel softer. However I spoke with someone at Savvy Rest and she said the opposite. It would feel firmer. This was her advice.

Based on that advice I would lean toward the Medium but not sure.

I did try a Naturepedic mattress with the following specifications that I liked. I know it is a different manufacturer but I am guessing it would be similar to Savvy Spring mattress with a medium Dunlop latex of coils.

Top: Medium Dunlop
Middle : Firm Dunlop
Bottom: Medium/Firm coils,

My previous mattress was a Simmons with a pillow top which I liked. I was advised to choose a mattress similar to a previous one I like. Another sales associate thought a soft Dunlop over the coils would be similar to the Simmons.

This advice is sticking in my head. The sales associate at Naturepdic said that the biggest mistake buyers make is buying a mattress that is too firm. He says he sees often people switch to a softer latex I feel if I choose the medium latex I might make the same mistake.

Has anyone tried this mattress?

Which latex should I choose.

Hi jwblue,

Thank you for your inquiry and the information provided!

Hopefully a few others will comment if they are familiar with the products you described. However, your decision should be based on your own personal needs and preferences. How a product feels to another person would be their own experience and this person could be very different from you in terms of height/weight, sleeping positions, mattress preferences (plush vs rock hard), and other factors. Ultimately your latex purchase should be based on your own PPP. It may be helpful to read this post here. Also, if a mattress is a good fit for you in terms of PPP, keep in mind that a mattress is only as good as the quality of the materials inside. This article here is a good reference to explore the quality and durability of the mattress and if it has any weak links in terms of its design.

Our company sells layers of latex in our mattresses and also allows customers the ability to exchange a layer for a new one. As someone who has worked at our company for 5 years and processes most of our swaps, I wouldn’t conclude that customers typically swap for a firmer or softer layer majority of the time. It is about an even mix. I would say, however, it is easier to make a firmer mattress become softer (with mattress pads, toppers, etc.) than it would be to make a softer mattress become firmer. If a mattress is too soft, it would not provide proper alignment and it would be hard to correct a mattress that is unsupportive.

Hope that helps!

FSF Team

https://uploads.mattressunderground.com/outside/40660/128x84_fsf_logo.jpg