Unsure what mattress to buy in the Boston/Worcester Area of MA

Hi miacane22,

You have some great options in your general area both east and west of Worcester and if you haven’t seen it yet … post #359 here has links to the posts which lists the options on either side or you as well as links to feedback about many of the manufacturers mentioned.

The choice between latex and memory foam is of course personal preference but if you do go in the direction of memory foam I would make sure it was higher density … preferably 5 lbs but worst case 4 lbs depending on your body type and weight. The Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme for example is a combination of 4 and 5 lb memory foams so the 4 lb may be on the low side for you. High quality memory foam and latex are both very durable but memory foam will soften more in the first 90 days or so and also over time than latex so I would take this into account.

As a rule … the factory direct manufacturers are very good at what they do, give good guidance for your circumstances, and will use their extensive experience and knowledge to help you make the best possible choice.

I would suggest first calling the ones that you are thinking of visiting and outlining your circumstances and preferences (including your budget) like you did here and ask them for the mattresses they make or carry that they think would be most suitable for you to test. I would make sure that you included both latex (or at least a latex hybrid) and memory foam in your testing. This will give you a sense of their level of service and knowledge and help you narrow down which ones that you want to visit.

You have some great choices available in a wide range of materials … and the hardest part you may face in your area is making choices between some very good options.

Phoenix