Unsure which MFC model would suit my needs

Hello there!

I’m 5’5 and weigh 160 lbs. My current mattress is 15 years old and I’ve had since I was a preteen. I’ll only be sleeping full time on my new mattress until the fall, after which I’ll move and it’ll become a guest bed mostly for myself and my partner (6’2, shaped like a beanpole and can’t remember his weight). What sort of specifications should I be looking at?

ETA I sleep on my back, partner is side and back.

Hi Serenissima,

Thank you for reaching out to us for your comfort needs. My first question is, have you ever tried an organic dunlop latex or polyurethane foam (memory foam, high density, high resilience) mattress in a store?

I have, I have spent occasional nights on some as well, one was a novosbed and the others I’m unsure of. I like the deadened sensation as compared to my current spring and memory foam pillow top, the springs before they broke in didn’t really compress to my weight and now I find there is a small space in my lower back as it will hug the line of my bum but not taper back up.

Hi Serenissima,

That’s great!

So you tried the standard bed in a box memory foam mattress which are usually made of 3" to 5" of 4 lbs memory foam over a HD polyurethane foam core. In that case we would suggest our Classic Presto Customizable Mattress which is made with memory foam, organic dunlop latex and polyurethane foams. This mattress will give you a similar feel to what you tried and the versatility to rearrange the layers to fine tune your comfort. I invite you to read more about our customizable mattresses and let me know if you have any questions about them.

Did I answer all your questions?
Please let me know if you need any further information.

All the Best!
Mario