Upgrading to DIY Hybrid: Latex or Memory Foam? (Side sleeper, running hot)

Hello everyone. I am embarking on a DIY build after researching various mattress brands and feeling a bit frustrated and confused about all of the marketing obfuscation.

I am predominantly a side sleeper, but I tend to run hot. I am 5’10", 165lbs. I am currently on a Sleepy’s Cool Plush 12" Memory Foam Mattress from 2018. The line is discontinued, but according to Wayback Machine it seems to be 3" memory foam and 9" high-density poly-foam, with a “PCM Gel Top Surface Layer.” My main complaint about the mattress is heat retention. My girlfriend thinks it isn’t quite firm enough. I don’t mind the current firmness.

My conundrum is thus: I’ve heard that Memory Foam is bad for heat, and that Latex is bad for side sleeping. How can I get the best of both worlds?

One note, I am not sure how “memory foam like” my current mattress is. Despite being a “plush memory foam mattress” it returns to its original shape relatively fast, and I don’t think I sink in very much:

But this is the only memory foam mattress I’ve ever had, so I don’t know what the norm is.

This is my current DIY plan:

12" Zipper Cover (undecided)
3" Topper (either Talalay Latex or 4lb Memory Foam)
1" Lux HQ-R Polyfoam 1.8lb (foambymail)
8" Quantum Edge Elite Bolsa Coils (arizona premium mattress)
1/2" Lux HQ-R Polyfoam 1.8lb (foambymail)

I won’t lie, I am a fish out of water here. I am accustomed to the memory foam “feel” so I am naturally inclined to just do that again. My hope is that using a coil base instead of a polyfoam base will provide more airflow and help keep the mattress cooler than my current mattress, which may be sufficient to offset the heat problems known for memory foam.

I also read that latex mattresses are a very distinct “feel” and since I’ve never slept on such a mattress (and none of the stores near me have a latex mattress for me to try out). However, a lot of people seem to swear by Latex and part of me wants to make the switch.

So, with that in mind I have a few questions:

1. Will the QE Bolsa Coils increase softness enough to accommodate the transition from Memory Foam to Latex?

2. Is it good to have the polyfoam layers in there? The build that I copied from reddit have them, so I just assumed to as well.

3. Based on the above, is 20 ILD good for me?

4. Do I need to worry much about competing sources of Latex Toppers and determining which one is best?

5. How important is getting the right cover? I was just going to get the SleepOnLatex 12" “topper cover”