Using latex mattress on hinged storage bed

Does anybody have any experience using a latex mattress on a storage bed? I have ordered a bed where the foundation is attached to hinges (at the head) and lifts by pulling it up from the feet (for example, see this: http://www.time4sleep.co.uk/beds/storage-beds/ottoman-beds/kaydian-walkworth-ottoman-storage-bed-slate-fabric)

This means that, when the bed is open, the mattress sits at roughly a 45-degree angle relative to the floor. My concern is that, given that the pieces of latex inside the mattress are not attached to each other, lifting the mattress in this way could cause the pieces of latex to shift against each other.

Does anybody have experience using a storage bed with a latex mattress? Is this a real concern or does the friction of the latex sheets against each other prevent them from shifting when the mattress is up at an angle?

Thank you very much!

Hi 8cp1,

I don’t have any personal experience with these types of beds but there are many people who have used component latex mattresses on adjustable beds which can be raised more than 45 degrees without any issues and with the stickiness of latex inside a tight fitting cover and considering that the mattress would only be raised for relatively short periods of time without anyone on the mattress I don’t think you will have any issues with the latex shifting (see post #2 here).

Phoenix