V-Zone Mattress for a single person

I have spent quite some time in researching beds. This took me through a jungle of mattresses, toppers, materials, covers, configurations, bed in a box, retail, youtube, google, reddit, etc.

Your bed is the most unique design out of all the beds I have researched in the ability to change the zones of the bed, rather than just the sides of the bed. The bed is a bit higher in price than I would comfortably like to spend so I would like to ask some questions and get some assistance in pushing me toward the right direction.

I am a huskier guy at 5’8", 230 LBS. I hold a good deal of my weight as muscle but also quite a bit as fat in the mid section. I have broad shoulders that need a good sinkage to alleviate the shoulder and neck pain. My lower back doesn’t do well in sinking as it tends to pull on my muscles and leaves me tight and sore. I would say I am a mostly side, with some stomach sleeping. I love the feeling of soft but not to the point where there is no support.

What suggestions could you provide to make this process easier on me to pull the trigger, and hopefully finally get a good nights sleep?

Thank you!

Good Morning bow4iverson,

The success we have had with our vZone mattress design is do to how we people are built and shaped so differently, the ability to micro tune that layer once you’ve slept a few nights on it is key. We truly believe everyone is built differently there mattress should be too, in the vZone if you can wake up and listen to your body in the morning, we’ll listen to you, and together we’ll get it just right. I’ll stop with the slogans for now! lol

For your setup in our vZone Latex Mattress I will want to make sure we get it firm enough with the bottom 6 inches, where you select two 3 inch core layers, so i’d say , 40ild super firm at the base, followed by 3inches of 36ild x-firm, with what we call our “firm” vZone on top of that. So long as we get it firm enough with the first 6inches, im fairly certain we can micro tune your pressure relief and comfort with the vZone layer. See the below image for the recommendation i am making. At the moment we arent offering super firm unless per request for as there is a mass shortage in the united states in this particular density. I would accommodate you with a superfirm at the base layer if you purchase, however this image from our website is not detailing that.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reply back here, or email me directly.

Thank you,

Dewey Turner

Hi Dewey,

Thank you for the response. For a single person it would be flat, one piece slabs for the support layers instead of the split down the middle, right? I don’t want to be in the situation where I roll to the middle and find myself rolling into the divide between the two pieces.

Also do you find the V-Zone layers shifting around a lot and needing to be repositioned often?

Thank you for your time.

HI,

We split the layers for every size bed, except twin long. Per request, queens and doubles can be made in full width and length sections, however it would make it more difficult for you to handle and adjust.
Our design is such that once the mattress is all put together, all the natural latex foam rubber inside acts as one big piece of foam. The egg crated top layer is always one sheet going over both left and right sides. The organic cotton & wool encasement is made 1/2 inch smaller than all the material going into it. These two things really do a good job of giving you a seamless experience.
The vZone layer each zone section has its own pocket, each pocket is sewn together, with a zipper to remove the zone and adjust if necessary, these layers do not move or shift due to the pockets of the vZone being sewn together.
Anything else, just let me know!

Thank you,

Dewey