visited mattress firm "eclipse mattress" 13" gel memory foam??

when i visited them today they said if i was looking for a less expensive memory foam they offer the “eclipse” line on their web site link is here:

http://www.mattressfirm.com/Eclipse_Ultra_Deluxe_13_Gel_Memory_Foam_Mattress-P406.aspx

they said this was a excellent one for the money but it is not a store stocked item so i would have to order it from the web site and deal with them if i want to return it. any thoughts on this one?

the specs are:

Eclipse Ultra-Deluxe 13" Gel Memory Foam Mattress Top Specs
Features:
• Stretch knit top panel with absorbent rayon, bamboo top panel and faux pillow top design with removable zippered cover
• Soft, conforming 2" top layer of deluxe 3.8 lb. open cell gel memory foam
• Soft, conforming 1" layer of deluxe 4 lb. open cell memory foam
• Buoyant, conforming 1" layer of ultra-deluxe 7 lb. open cell memory foam
• 2" transition foam
• Firm 7" base layer of quality, high density foam
• Plush comfort level
• Enhanced air flow over earlier generation memory foams
• Compressed and boxed for convenience and economical shipping; and regains its full size and shape after opening
• Made in the USA with the finest materials made in the USA and Canada, with American craftsmanship, care and quality.
• Warranty: 20 year limited warranty against manufacturing defects

just curious since i can find basically no info on this one.

thanks

Hi Th3Drizzle,

You can see some comments about Mattress Development Co (which owns the Eclipse brand) in post #2 here.

The top 3" of memory foam are medium quality/density (@ 4 lb) and the 1" of 7 lb memory foam is a good quality/density material but I would want to know the density of the 2" transition foam and the density of the 7" base layer as well (especially the 2" transition foam). If you can find these out and post them on the forum I’d be happy to make some additional comments.

If you can’t test this mattress in person then if I was making this purchase I would also want to know the options you have after a purchase to either exchange or return the mattress if your sleeping experience indicates that it isn’t a suitable choice for you.

Phoenix