Vispring Devonshire

Hello, I was wondering if there may be anyone with opinions regarding the Vispring Devonshire. A deal presented itself to purchase this in a king size and have the boxsprings included for $5k.
The reason I’m concerned is that I really can’t find any reviews of this mattress and I’m no sure if some of the comments on this site regarding entry-level Vispring mattresses apply to this model.

These posts seem to speak specifically to the Elite model, but I’m not sure if they would also apply to the Devonshire - not to mention, they were written a while ago:
https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/entry-level-vi-spring
https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/5th-mattress-and-still-not-happy-topper-advice-needed/#36536

I would love to hear any thoughts at all on this, and appreciate your time.

We have been a retailer of Vispring products the past nine years. The Devonshire is the model up from the Elite. The Elite has a very generic feel and, although well constructed, is a boring feeling mattress. The Devonshire is the step up from the Elite. It is a little softer bed in each of the available tensions. It is great for side sleepers. The materials are Devon wool, calico encased coils. The price is half of the retail so make sure it is not used nor damaged.

Thank you for your reply! One of the commenters in the posts I mentioned had said you might be better off getting another brand rather than the entry-level Vispring. Would it be better tp consider a higher-model Aireloom or Sealy when compared with the Vispring Devonshire?

Regarding the price, you mentioned that this was half of retail… does that mean that the mattress normally retails for $10k on its own, or with the divan?

Lastly, with your experience selling these beds, would you have a recommendation for a mattress topper? Unfortunately, the Vispring toppers are well out of our budget. We are both side/back sleepers.

Thank you again!

The advantage of a Vispring is the quality and quantity of natural materials. The materials are breathable, they last, and you won’t sleep hot. The benefits of wool are widely known. The warranty on Vispring is 30 years. Sealy used to be a good manufacturer but their quality is suspect. Plus a one sided mattress will only last 5 -8 years. Airloom is also one sided and will maybe last 8 -10 years. Aireloom is owned by the same group as Vispring. Internally the owners rank the product 1. Vispring 2. Kluft 3. Aireloom 4. Marshall 5. flex

The Devonshire in a King with the Prestige Divans is $9,000.

The Toppers are nice but absolutely not necessary. If you find the mattress too soft then add the Heaven Luxury Supreme too firm add the Heaven Luxury. The Vispring line is meant to be slept on without the Topper. The Topper just adds a subtle difference in the feel.

One important thing to be aware of is the tension or firmness of the mattress. Side sleepers (position you wake in ) typically need a softer mattress. Your height and weight will determine the correct firmness. If you are a normal height and weight then a Medium Tension will be great.

Hi bb10773261.

We have strict rules when it comes to promoting products and interacting on the forum as a retailer. It is likely you are not aware of our Trusted Member Directory and rigid approval process.

You are welcome to apply!

Also, if you’re going to make recommendations for sleeping position or speak on the durability of a mattress, we’d like you to keep our Durability Guidelines in mind and share the specification of each mattress layer in the mattress, as well. It’s impossible to speak on durability without that information.

Thank you!
NikkiTMU