Wading through all the information

First Post------just to say I’m glad I found this site. To me the information here is invaluable in making a mattress decision. I’ve been researching online and trying to wade through all of the marketing hype of countless vendors and reviews (which some I suspect were written by the vendors themselves).

Anyway, thanks for all the knowledgeable posts and suggestions!

Best Regards

Hi Whitelite,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! … and I’m glad you found us :).

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding … and of course any comments or questions I can help with along the way.

Phoenix

After a lot of research, we purchased a mattress from SleepEZ. Great guys to deal with and all questions were answered cheerfully and with a caring attitude. Shipping was fast; the mattress was exactly what we ordered and wasn’t difficult to set up.

So far after a couple of weeks sleeping on this mattress, we are more than happy. We highly recommend this company!

Hi whitelite,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you ended up deciding … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know I think very highly of SleepEZ and I think you made a great quality/value choice. It’s great to hear that your mattress is working out so well for you.

Phoenix

Found this website yesterday so am going to dig in and start reading. I had been thinking I was going to buy a Tempurpedic with my new bed frame purchase but decided to do a little Internet research first. Thank goodness I did, as I’m now convinced a latex mattress is the better option for me. I stumbled upon some good reviews for Flobeds, but I decided to research a little more before purchasing and ended up seeing this website in the Google search results. Happy to find such a good source of information. Off to start reading…

Hi JAGWLB,

I switched your post to a new topic of its own so your comments wouldn’t get mixed in with another members topic or start drifting outside the scope of the original topic you posted in.

Welcome … and I’m glad you found us :slight_smile:

You probably know this already but just in case … the first place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help with how to make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

As you may already know Flobeds is one of the manufacturing members of this site which means that I think very highly of them (and Dewey and Dave) and that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency.

If you are looking at an online purchase then the tutorial includes a link to a list of the members here that sell mattresses online (in the optional online step) and many of them also sell latex and latex hybrid mattresses that use different types and blends of latex that have a wide range of different designs, options, features, return and exchange policies, and prices that that would be well worth considering as well.

If you are also considering local options then if you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix