Want to buy a mattress for my daughter

Hey, Im new to this forum. I am planning to buy a queen size mattress for my daughter (13yrs) who is 5’5". I am looking for a bed with storage shelves so that she can keep her things compactly. I recently came across a website of bedroom furniture that quite impressive. They have good discounts and cheap furniture. Their same day delivery is what attracted me. How well is their service and the quality of wood. I wish I could buy from them if their are credible enough. Looking forward to your ideas.

Hi JRamsey,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I don’t have any specific suggestions for bedroom furniture because it’s not my area of expertise or something that I spend time researching but hopefully some of the members here will see your post and have some suggestions that will be helpful.

I can certainly help with the mattress though.

Since your daughter is older I would use the same guidelines for choosing a mattress for her as I would for an adult.

The first place I would start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for your daughter in terms of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

Once you reach step 3 in the tutorial if you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

If you are also considering online choices then the tutorial also includes several links to lists of the better online options I’m aware of as well (in the optional online step).

Phoenix

The least expensive and simplest DIY storage bed frame idea I have run across is an IKEA hack. Have you seen it? Two Expedit bookshelves on their sides with slats on top. Canvas bins or baskets would be used in the shelving, like this link shows or here . A Twin mattress wouldn’t need a center support, so the assembly is quite simple.

Your link has some nice frames. At those prices, don’t expect solid wood, though particle board is quite strong too.