WARNING: Select Foam has been removed from the TMU membership list

Hi Nene1957,

Thanks for taking the time to share an update … I appreciate it.

It’s unfortunate that you didn’t have the ability to weigh your mattress (which is certainly understandable) so we still don’t know if the density of the memory foam was what it was supposed to be although it’s good to hear that you are sleeping well on your mattress.

Most mattress manufacturers don’t make their own foam and order their foam from a foam manufacturer so this would be the norm in the industry but in this case the company that manufactures the foam also manufactures the mattress as well although they were designed by Select Foam and made to their specifications.

Your experience with Select Foam certainly isn’t the norm with many of the better online manufacturers or retailers and there are many companies that make great quality/value memory foam mattresses that also have good customer service as well and where the return process is much easier and “painless”.

Unlike the other major brands … for the most part Tempurpedic uses good quality materials in their mattresses but there are certainly other local and online options that would be better quality/value choices than Tempurpedic which tend to be significantly overpriced compared to other memory foam mattresses that use similar quality/density materials that may be just as suitable, just as durable, and better “value” choices (see post #2 here). With Tempurpedic you are paying a significant premium for the name on the label which has little to nothing to do with the quality and durability of the materials or how well you will sleep on a mattress.

Phoenix

I would mostly stick with something I could try out before buying. I laid on the Tempurpedic since our purchase and our bed is more firm than the one they compare it to. My daughter bought the Lisa for my granddaughter and I slept on that the other night and it is certainly a decent bed for the money. She is only 12 so she won’t wear it out any time soon and she loves it. That is good considering this child sleeps so warm but does’t feel overheated in her bed. I think expectations are the problem with online mattress shopping People think they want something based on a description. But until you get a feel for it, it is guesswork at best. I love the Temps and haven’t found anything as luxurious feeling. But I am pleased with our mattress. It is really a great mattress but I wouldn’t go through anything like that with a company with such poor customer service.