What is the deal with FoambyMail???

I want to get a mattress from FoambyMail which people also seem to refer to as FBM. It seems that people online really have mixed feelings when it comes to this company. I found some people with real testimonies about FoambyMail as opposed to “what they have heard,” or “what they think”. If you have a real life experience with this company and their products please let me know. Thank you.

Person for FoambyMail

Summary: “2 1/2 year update on our Latex setup - mattress still feels very good, no sagging or ruts, very comfortable. This is on the latex mattress setup that I built, with a 6” medium firm latex base and a 2" soft latex topper from Foambymail."

Full review: http://forums.consumerreports.org/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=cr-mattresses&tid=101

Same review but with pictures: What's the Best Mattress | My Foambymail 8" Latex mattress - actual setup with pictures

Person for Foambymail

Summary: My review of Foambymail.com 9" Queen 100% Latex mattress-Appearance/Quality (with pics!)

Full review: What's the Best Mattress | My review of Foambymail.com 9" Queen 100% Latex mattress-Appearance/Quality (with pics!)

Person neutral but could be considered negative by some for FoamByMail

Summary: “The 20ILD and the 32ILD latex foam is nearly impossible to tell the difference.”

http://www.whatsthebest-mattress.com/forum/update-ive-had-diy-fbm-foam-mail-mattress-since-september/26713-0-1.html

Person neutral but could be considered negative by some for FoamByMail

Summary: Foam by Mail latex vs Latex International latex

Full review: What's the Best Mattress | Foam by Mail latex & Latex International latex comparison

Hi TjFalcon,

The first “Person for FoambyMail” pictures are not Talalay but Dunlop. They probably don’t even realize it and also don’t know what the ILD they ordered should have felt like. This is the case with a lot of FBM customers who don’t know the difference between what they should have received and what they received.

The second Person for Foambymail pictures also show that they received Dunlop.

The third Person neutral but could be considered negative by some for FoamByMail can’t tell the difference because there probably is none (the ILD you get is not what you may think you are ordering). The difference between them would be obvious.

The fourth Person neutral but could be considered negative by some for FoamByMail pretty much speaks for itself.

And just to add to the collection … you can see in post #1 here that the FBM latex came from Arpico which only makes Dunlop latex.

These and many more are exactly the types of issues I was referring to in post #2 here. There is a reason that so many people talk about the latex being firmer than they expected.

Phoenix