What is the website or link matching the mattress brand's different models names?

Hi paisley,

As I mentioned in my last reply … a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it. I personally wouldn’t be spending time including the major brands in my testing or in a comparison chart when they use lower quality materials in every budget range than so many alternatives you have. If you know going in that they are more costly and lower quality (won’t last as long as higher quality mattresses) … why include them for consideration at all no matter what method of comparison you are using.

There is really no way to calculate the “value” of a mattress unless you know what is inside it. There is also no way to make a meaningful assessment of its durability (you can see some of the factors involved in the durability of a mattress in post #4 here. IMO … your whole basic premises may need to be re-evaluated.

You would be surprised how many consumer do exactly that. In 2 or 3 years there is a new “story” to listen to and they will be sold just as easily as they were the first time thinking that “this time it will be better”. Either that or they will switch from one major brand to another who does the same thing and have the same issues all over again (low quality materials) with a different name on their mattress.

You can read my thoughts about reviews in post #13 here. Reading reviews can be a pathway to some very poor decisions and they are certainly not what I would call legitimate mattress research. the large majority of people who post a review don’t really have any idea of what is in the mattress they are reviewing.

Innersprings are a support component and as you are mentioning the weak link of almost all mattresses are in the upper layers not the innerspring itself. Just like with mattresses … I would evaluate an innerspring by how well it works in a specific design and by the specifics of the innerspring itself … not by brand … because innersprings are not the weak link of most mattresses. You can read more about innersprings in this article and in post #10 here and in post #2 here. None of the innerspring manufacturers sell directly to consumers but you can see a list of some of them here.

Hopefully this and the information in the “read first” post should can help you “reset” your research methods and give you the information you would need to make more meaningful comparisons and to follow the steps that can lead to your best possible choices in terms of quality, value, and suitability for your own personal needs and preferences.

Phoenix