What more composition information do I need?

So we’re at step 1/2. We have 3 we’re looking at currently, and between the website and/or what they wrote down for us, what additional layer information do we need? Or more importantly, how do I ask in a way to get the information?

Also, any preliminary opinions?

Thanks!

1. Nano coil, micro coil, a “5 zone” system. In other words, I believe the nano coil is only across the back and hip area and thus the ‘zones.’

http://texasmattressmakers.com/index.php/en/cannes
1200 coil count
micro coil
gel-visco layer

http://texasmattressmakers.com/index.php/en/rome
516 visco
quantum coils
micro coils

Hi Yankee_In_TX,

The information you need is in this article.

As you know … Texas Mattress Makers is one of the members of this site which means that I think highly of them and I believe they compete well with the best in the industry. While I don’t know the specifics of the mattresses you are considering … the odds are good that both mattresses use high quality materials and have no weak links.

You can see the specifics of the NanoCoil here. It’s a type of microcoil used in comfort layers instead of foam and has a higher coil count than their Softech microcoils. It’s a high quality and durable component.

You are certainly looking in a good direction :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thanks! That link is exactly what I needed!

Ok, I hope this is answerable without the exact information.

We’ve taken all the steps and have narrowed what we want down to two beds. One we think aligns me slightly better, one we think aligns the wife slightly better.

Bed a) has a small gel layer, a quantum coil layer (smaller coils), a very small foam layer (less than 1 inch, 516 visco.), then the micro coils (higher coil count than other beds they have)

Bed b) has a nano coil layer, then the micro coil. No foam layer.

As best we can tell, the only difference really will be that the form layer will break down slightly on bed a) to leave an impression.

If we’re happy with the components and layers and have exhaustively tested the two, any recommendation of a vs. b or just comes down to which one feels better doing the sleep positions described in your steps?

Oh, option c) is a split, 1/2 of each put together.

Hi Yankee_In_TX,

If none of the finalists you are considering have any weak links and there are no clear winners between them then your final choice (see post #2 here) will really be a matter of “best judgement” based on all the objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

You are at the point where smaller details that may be important to you and your own more subjective assessments and which way you are “leaning” are much more meaningful than any recommendation from someone that may not share your preferences and can’t feel what you feel on the mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix