What the new version called...?

Hello Friends!
I bought a “ComforPedic from Beautyrest Advanced Rest Luxury Firm” mattress about 8 years ago. It’s starting to sag and I’d like to replace it. What’s the current version called?

Sincere thanks!!

Hi Schlatter, welcome to The Mattress Underground :slight_smile:
Glad to have you here.

Glad to hear you have enjoyed your mattress for the last 8 years, however lower density memory foam is prone to breaking down quickly and can cause pain and discomfort and also eventual alignment issues with your spine and joints.

Simmons Beautyrest, like many major retailers, are not transparent on the materials and components they use in their mattress, and are prone to a lot of ‘marketing jargon’ when referring to their products. It does appear that both the Beautyrest Comforpedic Advanced Luxury and Advanced Luxury II mattresses are discontinued, and while they do carry a number of Comforpedic memory foam mattresses, its’ difficult (if not impossible) to ‘match’ a current product to your current one. It is not only about mattress design but all the different materials and components will have an effect on how the mattress feels and performs. So, it’s unlikely you’ll have a similar experience. Al you can hope for is to get into your personal range of needs and preferences.

Its difficult to pull reliable specifications on these mattresses, but the specs included in this post from 2019 has the following specifications from Simmons:
• 9½" Profile Height
• 1" AirCool® Memory Foam with TruTempTM Gel
• 2" Advanced AirCool® Memory Foam (density undisclosed)
• 1" Luxury Firm Comfort Foam (density undisclosed)
• 2" Independent SupportTM Technology
• AirCool® Transflexion® Core | AirCool® Edge Support + 1 mesh Border Fabric (density undisclosed)
These are similar to references on archived Simmons Beautyrest Comforpedic Web pages from 2014; They release new lines of beds all the time, of different materials, components and construction, but, again, very little transparency as to what exactly inside and what it’s made of.

You had good luck that your old your mattress lasted 8 years; however, a well-constructed mattress using quality materials can last much longer and offer you a much better sleeping experience without gradually starting to change over time due to slowly breaking down and possibly creating chronic issues, especially if the memory foam is of 1.5-inch thickness and is below 3.5 lbs/cuft. If you don’t care about the bed’s durability and you are ready to toss it out a few years down the road when it starts to breakdown and create backpains then ‘Big Box’ stores like Macy’s and Walmart carry a range of Simmons Beautyrest Mattresses that you can try for yourself to see which might be closest to the feel of your old mattress. Even if you look for a transitional mattress, I’d still want to know what is in that mattress and how long I can reasonably expect to sleep well on it.

If you are looking at a more durable mattress then I’d look at our Mattress Specifications You Need To Know as well as the mattress durability guidelines to get a better idea of what to look for. You also might find our ~ Mattress Shopping Tutorial of use.

Of course, any mattress is unique to the sleeper, and only you can tell If a mattress feels comfortable to you based on your stats(height, BMI, sleeping position(s) and any health issues) and is based on your PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences).

You also may want to take a look at the offerings of the Trusted Members of the site, who all have proven excellent quality, transparency in construction and materials, and customer service. If you like the feel of memory foam or hybrid-memory foam mattresses you may want to scan through their offerings and check them out. You’ll find a more refreshing and honest approach to mattress selling where the bed component materials and construction are not covered up with ‘marketing phrases’, and where you can discuss your needs and be matched with a mattress which will be comfortable and remain durable and last for many years.

I hope this helps,

Basilio