What's similar to Purebliss Brooke

This morning my husband and I woke up sore, as per usual. Our very disliked-from-the-beginning mattress is wearing unevenly and we both have been getting more sore lately. I woke up and started searching immediately about new mattresses and found you all here. I read for about 4 hours all about mattresses and choices that we needed to make - and decided that I needed to try out a latex mattress. I googled and found that our local HOM store had some King Koil PureBliss beds and when they opened my husband and I headed right over. I think I’ve fallen in love…
$4k is more than I envisioned spending, but possible - and worth it to us for the next 10 years of sleep quality. But then they added the base and the taxes and the mattress topper so that we can have the 120 night sleep guarantee and we’re up over $8500!! :dizzy_face: :sob:
We also tried the latex mattress at OMF and still felt the pressure points on our shoulders - and that is all we have for a Sunday in Minneapolis suburbs to try in person.

SO I guess I’m looking for some help finding something similar in comfort that won’t make me have to spend double our budget overall.

I’m about 5’3 and 180lbs and a side sleeper. I used to be a stomach sleeper but our current mattress does not allow for that.
He is 6’0 about 215lbs and mostly a back sleeper but also prefers side/stomach sleeping if he has the mattress that allows that.

We loved the adjustable head/feet of the mattress and I have acid-reflux and would love to have a base that lifted at the head. We are open to the idea of a split king also if needed.

I am also enamored with King Koil Pure Bliss Latex Brook. From an old thread by Damien “Shoulder pain”, he stated King Koil latex was very similar to Flobed VZone. I think KK is synthetic talalay and Flobed is natural Talalay.

Another option is just to get a loan or part time job and get the KK. Flobeds has a return policy though!

John

Just get mattress alone!!! Base can be bought cheap off craigs!!!

Also, Wallaross Furniture has KK Brook at a great price and ship nationwide!

John

Oops totally didn’t realize that I tried the genesis. I thought it was Brooke but it was Genesis. :woman_facepalming:

I know that some will say, “Just buy another for $2k and you dont need to spend $5k”. I dont think buying a mattress is a time to be cheap. That extra $3k is money well spent.

If you buy another inferior mattress for $2k, you will have back pain and soreness again. Health is number 1 and so a great mattress is a number 1 priority. Get the KK or Flobed.

I tried the KK Brook. It is simply heavenly…support and softness all in one. You know what I mean because you have felt it.

John

Hi MamaKron2Boys.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum. :slight_smile:

Sorry your current mattress is wearing unevenly and causing pain points.

At that price point, the mattress should last longer than 10 years. As a latex bed, it should last closer to 20.

I’d venture into looking for a cheaper base that can tolerate the weight of the mattress. Maybe your current base is already a good fit? Also…is the topper a requirement for the sleep guarantee? That seems (in my personal opinion) ridiculous. You shouldn’t require a topper to sleep comfortably on a bed that it already costing you above $4k. :melting_face:

Did you fall in love with the bed the way it felt pre topper or post topper? Obviously, if the topper was the clincher, then add it.

As for something similar in comfort…hmm. That’s a hard one. The feel of mattresses can change based on the outer ticking alone! Did you try the hybrid with coils? Or the all-latex bed? Was it medium, firm, or soft?

NikkiTMU