Where can I buy double-sided mattresses in SW-Ontario (Canada)?

We have a King Koil mattress that was probably bought in 1999. It is double-sided. Had I known that the industry was then on the virge of doing away with double-sided mattresses I probably would have bought 2 of these.

This old mattress claims the following:

• Chiro-Tech System featuring:
  • Chiro Span
  • Steel beam
  • Double sidewalls
  • Exclusive T-Bars

The mattress has a thin quilted pillow-top layer on both sides, covered in the shiny damask fabric. The fabric and quilting are in great shape after 15 years of 2 people sleeping on it (one person 150 lbs, the other 210 lbs). This is a full-size mattress. There is a sheet of 3/4" plywood between the box spring and the mattress.

But after all these years the mattress does sag where we sleep, despite rotating and flipping it.

I want to buy another similar mattress, but don’t know where to look. I’m in London Ontario (1/2 way between Windsor and Toronto) if that helps.

Is my only option a “hotel mattress” - or are there other options when it comes to double-sided mattresses?

Hi SumGuy,

Post #8 here includes the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the SW Ontario area.

Many of the manufacturers listed there still make two sided mattresses and a few phone calls will identify which of them are closest to you.

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … I would also make sure you’ve read the tutorial post here which can help you make the best possible choices … and avoid the worst ones. Even a two sided mattress that uses very low quality materials won’t be a durable choice even though it would last longer than the same materials and design in a one sided mattress.

There is also more in post #3 here and the posts it links to about the pros and cons of a two sided mattress.

Phoenix