Where do I turn to, what do I buy

I also am having very difficult time trying to buy proper mattress, I am in Omaha area and do not have any of your members around. Wife will not buy unless she sees and lays on mattress. I know for my weight 252# BMI 31.5
that I need latex. Closest thing I have found so far is Airloom mattress. If you have any suggestions where to look would be appreciated. Hard to buy on line without trying mattress out. Almost considered Charles P Rogers but wife still wants to try. I know you said not to buy Sealy but had highly rated mattress in Consumer reports. I am to point of buying cheaper mattress and re buy every 3-4 years. Any one have any thoughts?
Thank you

Hi Lincoln,
I completely understand why your wife wants to try out a mattress before you buy. This should be a long term investment in your health, and being fit to a mattress that will give you quality sleep is what you should expect. Unfortunately, many of the people on this forum don’t know reputable manufacturers and dealers in all areas of the country. I will say that if you have a company that manufacturers and sells direct in Omaha, you should start your search with them. Manufactures decide what components to put into their mattresses, and you can usually get better technical information from them.
Latex is a premium product, and really has it’s own feel. I would suggest testing latex mattresses locally to see if you find it comfortable for your individual sleep positions. Sometimes we make intellectual decisions that don’t always line up with what our bodies like. If you decide on an all latex mattress, then I would ask you to circle back to the Mattress Underground where we have many members who offer amazing latex beds that they can ship to you. The benefit of purchasing from one of the Trusted Members on this site is they do use premium quality components. That is how they got here; quality! All of them offer a Mattress Underground discount, and have easy to use return policies. If you put in the time to educate yourself (read this article), and visit some local showrooms to find the type of mattress that feels right, then I am sure you can call some of our Trusted Members and find a great mattress. If you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to write back. I can put you in touch with Phoenix (the Moderator of this site) and she will be able to give you additional information.

Debbie Lewis