Which adjustable base?

I split my post into two parts rather than let it get too long. I would like to ask about adjustable bases here. I know this is mainly a mattress site but I have seen the bases discussed here also so hopefully this is okay.

For the split king adjustable base we are looking for I had pretty much decided on Leggett and Platt as they have been around a long time and seem to have a good reputation as far as I can tell. As I mentioned in my previous post we are looking at latex mattresses and the owner of the store where we were looking said that he previously had Leggett and Platt and they didn’t hold up well under the weight of a latex mattress. That really surprised me to say the least.

What he recommended for the adjustable base was a Savana 200si. It seems to be a very basic model with no bells and whistles at all. They are found on the internet at us-adjustablebeds.com. That is the only place on the internet I can find them at all. I am not even able to determine what company makes them or where they are made. Is this model familiar to any of you at all? It worries me a little that I can find nothing on the internet other than this one site.

When I asked him what models of the Leggett and Platt gave him trouble with the weight of the latex mattresses he couldn’t remember so it probably has been a while and maybe earlier models than are available now, I don’t know. The Leggett and Platts I am looking at cost more than the Savana 200si but i don’t mind if it gives me a better quality and longer lasting bed. I just can’t find anything on the Savana to be able to compare them. Thanks so much to anyone that is able to offer help here!

Here in my store I have sold hundreds of Leggett and Platt bases with nothing but latex mattresses on top and have not had a single problem with weight or anything else for that matter. They are one of the most reliable bases on the market and have great customer support. I’ve been a dealer for over 20 years. Almost all of their models are made in the USA with the exception of the electronics. The S-Cape 2.0 is a solid performer and has the features most people would need. I’ve never heard of Savana 200si and suspect it’s probably made in China like most adjustables these days.
Besides Leggett and Platt, Reverie is a solid company with good customer support. Southerland Bedding makes the strongest adjustable bed but they have limited distribution (see my video entitled “Strongest Adjustable Bed”. Ergomotion and Bed Tech are both Chinese made but solid performers. Last but not least is Glideway who also manufacturers here in the U.S. and a solid company.

When buying an item like this you do have to look at the company and the warranty because you will probably have this for 20 years plus. Most of these new startup companies, not just adjustable but mattresses too, will probably not be around in 10-15 years to support you if you have a warranty issue. A company like Leggett and Platt isn’t going anywhere.

You have pretty much confirmed my feelings on the Leggett and Platt and the Savana. The S-Cape 2.0 is one that I am considering. If you haven’t heard of the Savana either then I am really skeptical about them. More to take under consideration. Thanks again for the prompt replies.

Just adding to this post. I am trying to decide between the new Reverie 7HT and the Leggett and Platt Prodigy 2.0. The Reverie base is a bit less expensive, and would be purchased from a local dealer, where the L&P would be an online purchase. Both bases have head tilt, which i really want. Is there a compelling reason to go one way or the other?

I have the Leggett and Platt Prodigy 2.0 on the way now so once it gets here and I try it for a little while I can let you know what I think. Sorry that I can’t help you right now though.

I am a Leggett and Platt dealer as well as Reverie and although the Prodigy 2.0 has a lot of bells and whistles it’s also problematic. Sometimes too much tech can lead to more problems. I don’t like the smooth surface buttons on the Prodigy, it’s hard to work because your thumb has to be centered exactly right for the thing to work. The sensors underneath we’ve had to disable on our showroom model because they were always malfunctioning preventing us from raising or lowering the bed. The Reverie has less tech and would be a more solid choice in my opinion and I do love Leggett and Platt, just not the Prodigy 2.0

I kind of wish I would have seen your post before I ordered the Prodigy 2.0 but pretty much all the other input I have seen has been positive so I guess we will just wait and see. You do make a good point though that sometimes too much tech can lead to more problems.

What are the “sensors underneath” and what happens when you disable them?

They are there if you have a cat or dog underneath it won’t allow you to lower the bed. It falsely detects those things. You can simply unplug them.

I guess I will have to warn our three cats! :slight_smile: Seriously you have been very helpful and I really appreciate it.

Thanks everyone for the input. I ordered a reverie base. Will report back once I get it!

You are very welcome. Enjoy your new bases.

You are very welcome, Reverie makes a good product.

Would Like your opinion of the Reverie 9t and the Leggett and Platt prodigy 2 plus. Looking at both and not sure which way to go.

Thank you

The main reason I don’t list Reverie adjustables on my site is because of all the problems I’ve had with our display models of the 9T. Because they are bluetooth other bluetooth devices in the area will cause havoc with the remotes. I can’t even show the split kings I have on my showroom floor today because neither remote is detecting the bases. I have to reprogram the remotes which is a pain to do. Bottom line is there is too much tech in the 9T and I think you would be much better off with a 7 series Reverie or the Leggett and Platt S-Cape.

The same thing can be said for the Prodigy, too much tech. The more tech the more that can go wrong. I don’t like the smooth buttons on it either, raised buttons are so much easier to work. The Prodigy 2.0 is often sold out so I know it’s a great seller and maybe will be fine for you. I would take it over the 9T but personally I think the S-Cape 2.0 or 2.0+ is a much better value and we’ve had 0 issues with them.

I too have been trying to decide between the Reverie 7HT and the L&P Prodigy 2.0. I was about to order the Prodigy 2.0 before reading this discussion. One of my reasons for leaning toward Leggett & Platt Prodigy 2.0 is that I have not been able to find any online reviews of the Reverie 7HT, and, there are no operational videos of the 7HT, while there is an abundance of information online about the Prodigy 2.0. I reached out to Reverie to ask for more information and a demonstration video, but, got no reply whatsoever, even after trying 3 times. So, I am thinking if their response is this bad before a sale how are they going to be after the sale? Has anyone actually tried a 7HT and has anyone had any experience to share about Reverie customer service? So far I am not impressed.

I have not tried the the 7ht but if you read my issues with the 9T I can tell you that customer service (dealer) quickly sent me the WRONG parts to fix the 2 floor models. To this date they are still not functioning correctly. At least Leggett and Platt sent me the correct part to fix my Prodigy 2.0.

Hi, Marc! Reverie here, wanting to apologize for the mixup. We believe Steve from our team had reached out last week about the video and base, but it sounds like wires may have been crossed. To answer your question, we do not have a product video for the 7HT available. We’re working on creating more videos like this in the future, so we’ll keep this feedback noted.
Can our team answer any questions about the model and features? We really think you’d be happy with the base, and will gladly help you come to a decision.

How is the Prodigy doing? I am debating between this one and the S-Cape 2.0 TY! Sarah

Unless the Pillow Tilt function is a must I would stick with the S-Cape 2.0. Leggett and Platt does have very good customer service.

Thanks, Ken! The adjustable base will be the next “research project.” I did like the pillow tilt function when I tried it in a local store, but that was about it over the S-Cape model.

Thank you for your time and patience with our mattress purchase. We look forward to receiving our new mattress and hopefully sleeping and waking up better!

Sarah