which mattress?

hi, i need a queen mattress and wanted to order the ikea MYRBACKA but unfortunately ikea Puerto Rico dont carry it. then i found the dreamfoam 12 in 1 on amazon but they dont ship to PR. i found this similar mattress but dont found much info about them.

Boyd 910

Boyd 920

LUCID® 10" Latex Foam Mattress

been that my budget is so low ($550) i know i can ask for much so which of this 3 is the least bad? also anyone know of a similar but better quality mattress for that budget shipped to Puerto Rico?

Hi tfm,

The first place I would start your research is the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

There is also more about the most important parts of the value of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you compare mattresses.

Outside of which one of the mattresses you mentioned is likely to be the best match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) … the next most important part of the “value” of a mattress is the quality and durability of the materials inside them and to know this you would need to find out the type and quality of all the layers in a mattress (see this article). Once you have made sure that a mattress is a good match for you in terms of PPP (or you have good return or exchange options if you don’t know) and you have confirmed that there are no weak links in the quality of the materials, then you would be able to make a final choice between “good and good” based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Boyd 910:

I would be aware that “engineered latex” isn’t latex at all so the Boyd 910 is made from polyfoam … not latex and you would need to find out the density of all the polyfoam layers in the mattress.

Boyd 920:

This also doesn’t have any latex in the mattress but it does have thicker layers of polyfoam. Once again I would want to know the density of all the polyfoam layers so you can identify any weak links in the mattress and make more meaningful comparisons with other mattresses.

Neither one of these can be customized and I would never consider any purchase where you have no idea about the quality of the materials.

LUCID® 10" Latex Foam Mattress

I would also be cautious about Lucid and I would read post #6 here and post #2 here along with this topic and the posts they link to before considering them. A forum search on Lucid (you can just click the link) will also bring up more information about them as well.

While this mattress has some “possibilities” … I would also make sure you know the firmness of the latex and/or are confident that it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP because it only has one firmness level and this may not be suitable for a significant percentage of people who may need either softer or firmer.

Some of the better lower budget options I’m aware of are listed in post #4 here but I’m not sure which if any of them ship to Puerto Rico.

Phoenix

i would check if the ones you recommend ship to PR. thanks for your help.