Who made this mattress?

Looking to purchase a duplicate of this mattress… Loved it for over 20 years and need a new one. Made in Michigan, when we purchased it, the store said it was manufactured in Detroit but I am not sure and they are out of business. I think the name was Dream Sleep on 14 mile between Van Dyke and Mound west of the Art Van Headquarters. Signature Collection, Chiropractor Sleep Systems Teal in color. I don’t know how to post a picture so I made it my avatar.

Unfortunately your avatar image isn’t something that can be enlarged and looked at in detail. But even if it could, it probably wouldn’t tell us much. The law tag sewn into the welting of the mattress would have the address of the manufacturer on it and that would be more helpful. It’s possible this was made at the facility in Roseville that at that time made many of the mattresses for the Art Van stores. This factory was bought by Blue Bell, and is now closed (https://www.michigan.gov/documents/leo/2020-03-26_Blue_Bell_Mattress_WARN_684956_7.pdf).

Regardless, attempting to find the exact same mattress as one that was made 20 years ago is a bit of chasing your own tail. Mattress designs and models change on an almost yearly basis, so your best bet is to find a quality item (good construction, higher density quality padding materials) that approximates the comfort of this older mattress.

I’m guessing that this was a two-sided product, and in the firmer end of the spectrum, based upon the quilt pattern. That could be a good start for you. You can also use the Mattress Shopping Tutorial on this website for help on what type of materials (densities, ILDs, combinations) that may be best suited to your needs.

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful, but these educated guesses are probably pretty close.

Good luck!