Who sells innerspring or coil with No Memory Foam?

Just found this site this morning…amazingly informative! So much to learn. If anyone can help
me sift thru what is probably here - that I haven’t gotten to yet - please do! I am looking for a COOL
mattress, which I have determined for me would be one without any memory or other foam! I literally
get out of bed in the middle of the night and wait for my current mattress to come to room temperature before I can get back in!!! Who makes an old fashioned innerspring with basic cottons and leaves out all the other stuff! I sleep better in my RV than I do in my “nice” bed in my house!!! Thanks in advance!

Hi Vintageaddix,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I’m glad you found us! Be sure to start your learning with the mattress shopping tutorial.

In very general terms … the materials, layers, and components of a sleeping system that are closer to your skin will have a bigger effect on airflow, moisture transport, and temperature regulation than materials, layers, and components that are further away from your skin, and softer mattresses or foam toppers will tend to be more “insulating” and for some people can sleep warmer than firmer versions of the same material.

It’s not really possible to quantify the sleeping temperature of a mattress for any particular person with any real accuracy because there are so many variables involved including the type of mattress protector and the sheets and bedding that you use (which in many cases can have just as significant an effect on sleeping temperature as the type of foam in a mattress) and on where you are in the “oven to iceberg” range and because there is no standardized testing for temperature regulation with different combinations of materials … there is more about the many variables that can affect the sleeping temperature of a mattress or sleeping system in post #2 here that can help you choose the types of materials and components that are most likely to keep you in a comfortable temperature range.

If you desire a mattress that doesn’t use foams, while not a complete list, you can take a look at some of the brands/companies listed in post #4 here. That should give you a good starting point.

Phoenix

Thanks…post #4 is what I need I think!! I read the others. Such great info here!

Hi Vintageaddix,

I’m glad the information I provided was helpful to you!

Phoenix