Why Foamite is more expensive than other suppliers such as MFC or Foam Factory ?

Hi there,

I’m searching for some HR foam to complete my mattress and I was wondering why Foamite is much more expensive than other suppliers.

For example, for a Queen 3" HR Foam layer :

That’s big differences, what’s so different between these foams ?

On the top of that, Foamite is the only one which doesn’t offer free shipping. On the end, it’s three times the price than Foam Factory.

Thanks.

Alex.

The KN (Koosh Natural) product sold by Foamite is a premium, high-end product that is derived from soy. The seats found at the Air Canada Centre and on VIA rail trains are stuffed with KN foam. I’ve been to the ACC and been on VIA trains a lot, and the seats have always felt great. But that’s just my opinion. :slight_smile:

Sorry, but I don’t know anything about MFC’s HR product.

Are you in the GTA by any chance? If so, also check out Eversoft. Their website quotes $380 for a 60x80x3 piece of 2535 foam (2.5 lb density and ILD 35), and it can be picked up near 400/407, coincidentally not too far from Foamite. It’d be nice to go down to both Eversoft and Foamite to check out how the foams feel…

If you are in SW Ontario and don’t mind driving to Metro Detroit, you can pick up the same HD36-HQ foam for US $99. Ask for pickup pricing to get the same price listed on Welcome to Foam Factory. (Foam Factory has tons of different websites and doesn’t have the best reputation. Picking it up in-person also ensures that you are getting the high-density product and not their cheaper 1.8 lb foam.)

I’m from Montreal area, that’s why I also check shipping fees.

Foamite claims 60% less petrochemicals in their KN foams. It’s not clear but I believe that means 40% plant based ingredients while MFC uses 30% plant based ingredients in their HR foams. Claiming that their customers are big corporations and marketing the KN foams with a “60% less petrochemicals, 100% more natural!” slogan is not enough to explain why their foams are so different and why their prices are 150 to 300% more expensive than the competitors. Especially when they also claim to “sell the least expensive custom mattress at a great factory direct price”.

I check with Eversoft and I get a 365$ price for my example. Again, it’s almost half the Foamite price.

Thanks.