Will a twin latex mattress fit properly on a twin XL adjustable bed.

I have the opportunity to purchase an adjustable twin XL bed from a showroom for about $750.00. I had always thought I’d be getting a regular twin size adjustable bed, but this price looks to be very good–it’s a Reverie… I am worried, though, that somehow the twin size mattress I plan to buy, will be too short for the XL and it will slide.or do some other strange thing.

I should tell you I am always in a wheelchair or a bed because of a great deal of neurological issues. This is my first post, ,although I have been reading here for some time now and learning such a great deal! :slight_smile: When I can sort my thoughts out, I will be asking a bunch of questions about natural latex mattresses. I have the same problem that many other people here do --I will never be able to try out the mattress in the store.

Thank you so much for having this place. It is invaluable!

Hi Kiki,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

A twin size mattress is only 75" long and a twin XL is 80" long so if you put a twin size on a twin XL adjustable bed it will probably shift and slide when you raise and lower the head or foot of the adjustable bed. I would personally purchase a twin XL mattress which usually isn’t much more costly than a regular twin but if you did purchase a regular twin anyway at the very least I would add a tight fitting custom sized piece of covered foam in between the foot of the mattress and the bottom retainer bracket on the adjustable bed to keep it from moving and shifting.

When you can’t test a mattress in person before a purchase then a more detailed conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and the options that are available to customize the mattress before and after a purchase along with the exchange or return policy they offer would probably become a much more important part of your personal value equation. This would let you actually sleep on the mattress to confirm that you made a suitable choice in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) and if in spite of the best efforts of both you and the retailer or manufacturer you were dealing with your choice didn’t turn out as well as you hoped then you would still have good options available to you after a purchase.

The tutorial post includes a link to a list of the members here that sell online and many of them sell latex mattresses with a wide range of customization options, features, and prices that are among the best choices in the industry.

Phoenix