Will regular queen sheets fit a stearns & foster plush mattress?

Hello Guys,

My mom seems to think that regular sheets won’t fit because it’s a plush mattress. Is the mattress actually thicker that I’d need deep pocket sheets? It’s not a pillow topper, so there’s no extra height with that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Michael Bevan

Hi MichaelBevan,

It depends on what you mean by “regular” sheets because most sheets today are designed to fit the thicker mattresses that are now more common. If you are buying new sheets, if you first measure the height of the mattress then check the information on the package (or the retailer) you can find out if they will fit. If you are planning to use sheets that you already have, then the measured depth of the pockets needs to be about 2" or more greater than the thickness of the mattress so that they will fit securely under the mattress.

Hopefully you are not seriously considering buying a Stearns & Foster but I’ve noticed that many of your posts seem to be more generic (or in one case providing information that seemed like you were posting on behalf of Restava) rather than connected to looking for a mattress so hopefully you have read some of the information on the site which would give you a good idea about why it may be wise to avoid major brands like S&F.

Phoenix