Winkbeds

Hi notadoctor,

Thanks for the update and I’m sorry to hear that your Winkbeds mattress isn’t working out as well as you hoped for.

Experiences like yours are the reason that I advise caution and usually suggest avoiding buying a mattress that doesn’t meet the durability guidelines here because the risk of premature foam softening and breakdown and the loss of comfort and support is higher.

Mattress warranties only cover manufacturing defects and they don’t cover the gradual (or more rapid in the case of lower quality/density comfort layers) loss of comfort and support that comes from foam softening that is the main reason that most people will need to replace their mattress. They also don’t cover visible impressions that are less than the warranty exclusion. I don’t know the exclusion for visible impressions in the Winkbed warranty is but it’s typically 1.5" in the industry (although some mattresses may be less or more). In other words warranties have little to do with the durability or useful life of a mattress or how long it may be until you need to buy a new mattress. If there is an actual defect in the materials it will usually show up early in the life of the mattress but knowing the quality and durability of the materials in your mattress is always a much more reliable way to assess the durability and useful life of a mattress than the length of a warranty. There is more about mattress warranties in post #174 here.

Phoenix