Winkbeds

My wife and I are laying on it right now and we still like it very very much. It is very supportive yet it feels pretty soft. A good balance. It shows no sign of wear since we bought it and I do rotate it once a month.
Don

You got the hybrid model in soft: heard good things about that ine two, but it would probably not be supportive enough for me in the lumbar area, so I have the Memory Lux Firm. Love it. Guess a lot of people say the Soft Hybrid is still supportive so good to hear for the other member who wrote in!

Great to hear! Thank you for replying!

I started with the luxury firm model and my wife (130lb) was ok but I (180lb) felt like there was a board under the micro springs yet many people my weight like the luxury firm so to a point its guess work. But I did feel confident that the softer one would be perfect and it was.
Good luck.
Don

I just wanted to second this. I also contacted Winkbeds and asked them specifically what the density of the top/comfort layer “hypersoft gel infused foam” was and they responded that is 1.8lb as opposed to 1.5.

Therefore I believe that addresses Phoenix’s only concern in terms of durability of this mattress for low/mid BMI people.

Hi, I have also been in contact with Winkbeds and am having difficulty getting those specs. I am interested in the Soft model, so not sure if that makes a difference. They said the foams were between 1.5 and 2 lb/cuft. They said same foam in Soft and Luxury Firm, but different amount (2" luxury firm, 3" soft). I asked for them to specify that range and they would not. On the website, it says they have Carpenter Tech Center do a constant fatigue test by dropping 168lb weight on a block of their foam 80,000 times to simulate 10 years of use. They said their foam had less than 2% compression. Given this, can I feel safe that the foam in this bed is not going to sag? The 1.5 makes me nervous, and 1.5-2 is a bit of a big range to provide.

The other mattress I am looking at is the Oceano whose specs have been listed on this site. Not sure if there is any quality / durability advantage of one over the other?

I have been sleeping on a medium all latex mattress with 2" 20ILD Dunlop and 6" 34ILD Dunlop for almost 2 months now. While generally comfortable, my shoulder (bursitus) is quite sore. I added a 2" soft Dunlop topper, and then my lower back hurt - that was too much soft foam without enough support. I also miss the bounce of springs, as I came from an old pillow top innerspring. I am looking for good conformance/hug for my shoulder without losing support for my back. I am 53 and 5’7/138lb and a combination sleeper, although I always fall asleep on my side so I notice the pressure relief/back support in that position most. I wanted to like latex for environmental reasons, but it just does not provide enough hug/coziness for me.

Any help would be appreciated. I am in analysis paralysis!