Wool/alpaca mattress topper

Hello! I recently bought a V-zone from Flo Beds and really like their company and the bed overall- however, I’m quite skinny and bony and latex I’ve found just adds a little bit to much pressure, especially when I sleep on the side. I’m a big fan of wool and after talking to FloBeds they recommended I get a 2-3 inch wool topper to add just a little bit more softness. I’m looking for advise on a few different toppers I’m looking at. It’s quite an investment so I want to make sure I"m making a solid decision.
The main two I’m deciding between are these:

plush beds: https://www.plushbeds.com/products/plushbeds-natural-luxury-handmade-wool-topper?variant=18769012719714&channel=cpc&source=google&channel=cpc&source=google&matchtype=&kw=&adid=345024440556&addisttype=gpla&gclid=Cj0KCQiAzsz-BRCCARIsANotFgMlS6M3TC90d0bvBmFWObqzX26cLnTpD9U-dWZdBfCmCQicsu3ot_EaAqQxEALw_wcB#tt-reviews-list

This one from the wool room: https://www.thewoolroom.com/us/us-size-luxury-traceable-organic-topper/

I’ve also been examine the crescent moon alpaca topper which is in the same prize range, but I haven’t been able to read any reviews of it, and it doesn’t seem to have very much filling compared with these which are both 3 inches. I’m also looking at holy lamb, the la noodle, and the wooldbed company. I think I’ll sleep on it (hahaha) and decide on one tomorrow or the next day, so any advice or people’s experiences with these products would be very helpful. Thanks!

Hi Jacksonhp9.

Congratulations on your new mattress Purchase from FloBeds. :slight_smile:

As you probably know FlowBeds is one of the Trusted Members of our site.

Depending on the fiber size and breed of sheep wool absorbs 50% and alpaca about 35% of its weight in moisture so both are great choices for adding some comfort and temperature regulation.

Plushbeds sources their Eco-Wool batting for their 3" wool topper from Woolgatherer Carding Mill which produces high-loft, good quality wool batting. It has 400 thread cotton-sateen cover. No returns. wool fill is for Full - 13 lbs., for Queen - 15 lbs. Wool will compress and firm up a bit over time forming a more stable cradle. Eco-Wool is certified organic by Oregon Tilth.

Woolroom has a lighter 2-3" pad with organic British wool weighing 30 oz sq/yd and using a 300 thread count organic unbleached cotton. The fill weight for Full - 5.8 lbs, for Queen - 6.8 lbs. Returns within the 30-night sleep trial.

The LaNoodle product you mentioned from CozyPure has great feedback from customers who purchase it and you may wish to do a forum search here to see more comments about it (just skip the LaNoodle pillow entries. Shredded latex can work very well for the pressure-relieving cradle you are looking for.
CozyPure also has a 3" wool topper with Organic cotton that you may wish to have a look at.

Again, it is all about the materials you prefer and how much softness you need to add to your sleep system

You can read a bit more about Wool vs Alpaca comparisons in Post #24 and run it by your personal value equation and what is most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

Hope this offers a bit more guidance in selecting a product that meets most of your needs

Phoenix