Worley beds question

I recently went to worley factory in new bedford , ma.
Dereck was great.
I really want latex but its too expensive.
So i looked at a coil pu mattress.
Or a couple.
Im just wondering if you know anything about the materials in the PLATINUM ELITE?
it has
Cooling change fabric
Jones cotton fire barrier
2" high denssity bioplush quilting foam
1" firm 2.6lb HD comfort layer
1" flex-0-lator thermally bonded insolator
Adj. Friendly quantum edge bolsa nestled coiled innerspring
Flippable.
I know worley is trusted by you.
Can you put in regular talk if this is quality?
Thank you! Brg

Hi Brg.

Glad you had a good experience with Worley in MA.

BioPlush replaces a portion of its fossil fuels (otherwise known as polyfoam) based ingredients with natural seed-based oils such as soybeans in the manufacturing process. So, slightly more natural. Without knowing the IFD, it’s hard to speak to the durability of this foam. Their 2.6 lb HD layer is within what we would consider durable.

What latex configuration were you looking at? And what price were you quoted vs what you can afford?

NikkiTMU

Thank you Nikki. I think im going to visit again tomorrow or next day. So, its not really toxin free i assume.
I took a pic of placcard for the latex, i just cant figure out how to post it.
What is IDF?
Im kind of feeling i dont want to go over 1000. Even thats over what i actually want to spend.
Ive read sooo much about layex.
Dunlop
Talaly
1", 2", 3" configurations.
D On bottom
T On top
Hybrid appeals to me.
But it is very heavy. A concern.
I guess i sleep on my side. Least thats how i start. Either side.
If im propped up a bit , back is fine. For a bit.
Im 5’ 8" 165lb
Ive also been wondering if ECIN uses better materials.
I like the idea of a factory that assembles right in town. (Fall River and New Bedford) i like the idea of buying local but…im starting to wonder if theyre made any better than retail regular.
Ill search for the latex pic and post again.
No matress for a long time over here.
Very weary at my difficulty in deciding.
I want quality , comfort and value, if thats possible.
Is there any way to curb the toxins without having to go organic?
Thanks again.
Brg

1 Like

Hey Brg,

I cought a little bit of your conversation with @NikkiTMU.

A week or so ago, i was helping someone on another forum. The ordered a mattress from trusted member Flexus Comfort.

I was playing around on their site, looking at a 7" queen mattress. 2 layers, your choice of either talalay or dunlop, or a combination of 1 of each.

With their current promotion plus the “mu” additional discount gets you right at your price point for all latex. I’m not sure if that is your ultimate choice, but it puts you right where you want to be.

Cheers!

Norm

g
[/quote]

2023-12-12T05:00:00Zstrong textHey Norman,
Thanks so much for help.
When I hit reply on the forum, I don’t see a place to post.
I really think I’d rather a GOOD innerspring as I’ve never slept on latex and need mattress in a couple weeks. (After 3+years )
I mean all I read points to latex being the best and Chem free but I don’t have time to test.
I’m starting with all the basic reading on TMU.
THANKS AGAIN

1 Like

Is jones cotton fire barrier (from tennessee) a good choice?

1 Like

Thats so weird, i just researched something regarding Jones and I honestly forgot my final verdict! When i get home from vacation i can check my notes. I thought it was positive regarding fire retardants.

Thank you. Lol, but i think im buying it next wednesday.
Platinum elite. From Worley factory, NB,MA
-DOUBLE COOLING PHASE CHANGE FABRIC(knitted in south carolina.(i have no idea what it is…i looked it up and think i understand it changes with body heat/cold. But i dont know if its a good one)
-JONES COTTON FB(GROWN AND MANUFACTURED IN TENNESSEE)(again no idea)
-2" SUPER SOFT HD CERTI- PUR CERTIFIED BIOPLUSH QUILTING FOAM
(I hope it helps side-sleeping pressure points)
-1"FIRM 2.6lb HD CERTI-PUR CERTIFIED BIOPLUSH COMFORT LAYER
-1" FLEX-O-LATOR HEAVY DUTY THERMALLY BONDED FIBER INSOLATOR PAF (i looked that up too but am unsure of its significance or necessity)
-adj friendly QUANTUM EDGE BOLSA NESTED COILED INNERSPRING.
(They had another, less expensive series that used open or one piece springs and it felt fine but, rest of bed didnt read as good quality?)
-DUAL SIDED FLIPPABLE (which i like, but hope im correct to)
Im 60 5"7.5 , 165+or-a few
No real issues and i start out on side and end up anywhere.
Anyone wanting to chime in is appreciated

-brg

Jones Family of Companies
I can not say for sure if Jones FR is the “best” choice. It is certainly a “safe” choice. They make multiple levels of FR for meet different temperature standards. Some are products that by themself offer a certain level of FR and others use a topical chemical “spray” to create/increase FR. I haven’t studied too intensely which is better or whether another company’s alternative product is a proven better choice. Perhaps @phoenix may have some more insight and opinion on that subject. I do know they are fiberglass free and are safe for use for mattress manufacturing.
Norm

Thank you. It is an expensive mattress for not being organic or latex so i hope its the better theory.
Thank you for explaining all that you did.
Always helpful.
Brg

1 Like

Went with the Worley Beds PREMIUM ELITE.
Delivery next week. Will report back after a couple weeks use.
Cant say enough about customer service received from Patrick and Derek.
Worley Beds Factory Outlet
197 Popes Island
New Bedford MA
508-997-6791
[email protected]
WWW.WORLEYBEDS.COM

1 Like

Brg,
Congratulations on your new mattress. It is exciting waiting for it to come and then give it the ultimate test ride.
Use it in good health and happy holidays.
Norm

Thanks batmannorm!
Yes, it is exciting.
I believe ill be happy.
Funny thing, it was my first choice…then lots of reading and testing others. Then back to my gut (which acted as my back in this context).
Thank you for your help and comments, very appreciated.
Happy holidays to you too!

Do you know of any quality factories , outlets in the baltimore, MD area?
Sister is looking too.
Brg

1 Like

Brg
There was one factory retailer in northern Va that was not incredibly far from the DC area and for I simply cant remember the name of the place. It is somewhere in on of my responses and I will work on finding that, if I can.
Also, please check in periodically on how it is going with your new mattress once it arrives. From setup to sleeping. What the first night or two was like and after the first month. It is always insightful to see how things progress and if all your expectations were met.
Happy Holidays,
Norm

Hi norm, happy holidays to you also.
I think i came acress the factory youre thinking of. It was well established. I forget the name too. It only sells in bulk now.
I dont get thay excited over much…pretty chill but i am actually pretty excited to see how this goes.
I can tell you ive tried to keep it simple. The bed platform is a zinus 14".
They assured me it would be fine.
So with the 14" + the 12" mattress it will be just high enough for me.
Im tall and prefer a high bed.
Take care. Brg

1 Like

Maybe it was this place. Mattress traditions

:+1: good stuff right there.

1 Like