Zipper Cover Choice Bamboo VS Cotton [ Arizona Premium Mattress ]

Seeing two types of zippered covers on the website, bamboo, cotton.

Does one or the other have more loft/softness built into the quilting fill wool on the top.
Does one or the other breath or insulate better on the top.
Either one more stretchy on the top.
Is one or the other more structurally strong on the sidewalls (keeps everything corralled more secure, springs latex) .

regards.

The Bamboo cover is more lofty, both breathe very well. Both are stretch knit fabrics. The organic cotton might have a bit more stretch just because it’s thinner. Bamboo is a stronger fiber than cotton but keeping things corralled as you put it has never been an issue with either cover.

Hello,
Don’t mean to hijack Fallguy007’s thread but was wondering about the difference in surface feel between the two covers, in terms of how they may interact with the latex. Since the Bamboo cover has some more loft, is the wool inside less densely packed? Is the organic cotton thinner because it uses a denser, pre-compressed type of sheet wool for the quilting? Trying to gauge if the organic cotton would have a bit of a stiffer, less conforming feel and at the same time, if the bamboo version is loftier but perhaps a little “softer” in a sense, at least prior to the wool becoming more compressed from body weight and general usage. At some point I was considering getting a new cover and convoluted topper (DIY project) so was wondering if the '“feel” (not the airflow) of the convoluting may come through more with either cover.
Thanks,
Manimal

I can feel the latex quite well with either cover but personally I choose the thinner organic cotton because it puts me closer to the latex. I don’t think there is a right or wrong choice with either cover. If we are purely looking at surface feel then the bamboo does have a softer texture and feel.

Hi Ntoni.

We do not tolerate spamming our threads or threatening and menacing our Trusted Members or forum members.
You are now banned from participating in threads on The Mattress Underground.

NikkiTMU

I live in AZ and anyone that does knows how hot it gets.
With that in mind I am always warm when I sleep, which cover would keep me cooler while sleeping?

Both breathe very well but I prefer the thinner organic cotton cover for my own use.