$100 off $500+ Tuft & Needle Purchase - AMEX Credit Card Holders

Heh bought mine right before this discount came out, loving the bed sorry I missed the discount though. Just need to find a suitable frame now.

Hi heftybefty,

Congratulations on your new mattress … and thanks for your feedback as well :slight_smile:

There is more information about support systems (bedframes and foundations or platform beds) that are generally suitable for different types of mattresses in post #1 here and some of the information and comments in this topic may be helpful as well.

Phoenix

Very Interested in buying this and I do have this amex offer on my amex card.

Also looking for other firm mattress choices as my current mattress is made of pure cotton and has 8" height.

Not sure whether this mattress would match the firmness of that. But may be it would since all the reviews says its way too firm.

Hi sanjeev108,

I would keep in mind that the first “rule” of mattress shopping is to always remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components or which type of mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” or PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) or how a mattress will “feel” to you or compare to another mattress based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more accurate than your own careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in step 4 of the tutorial) or if you can’t test a mattress in person then your own personal sleeping experience (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

There are also no “standard” definitions or consensus of opinions for firmness ratings and different manufacturers can rate their mattresses very differently than others so a mattress that one manufacturer rates as being a specific firmness could be rated very differently by another manufacturer. Different people can also have very different perceptions of firmness and softness compared to others as well and a mattress that feels firm for one person can feel like “medium” for someone else or even “soft” for someone else (or vice versa) depending on their body type, sleeping style, physiology, their frame of reference based on what they are used to, and their individual sensitivity and perceptions. There are also different types of firmness and softness that different people may be sensitive to that can affect how they “rate” a mattress as well (see post #15 here) so different people can also have very different opinions on how two mattresses compare in terms of firmness and some people may rate one mattress as being firmer than another and someone else may rate them the other way around. This is all relative and very subjective and is as much an art as a science.

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

If you can let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area that you can test in person.

The mattress shopping tutorial also includes several links to lists of the better online options I’m aware of as well (in the optional online step).

While other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be helpful … I would be very cautious about about using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (see post #13 here).

There has been some feedback on the forum about the Tuft & Needle being too soft, many where it was “in the range” that they are happy with, and some where it was too firm. The only way to know how firm it will feel to you (regardless of how it feels to anyone else) will be based on your own actual sleeping experience but the advantage of choosing a mattress with a great return policy is that you can test it out in your bedroom instead of a showroom with little risk and if you find that it’s either too soft or too firm for you then it’s easy to either donate or return it and receive a refund.

Phoenix

We went to the tuft and needle store today and had a great time there our son got one and he loves it we ar e going to order a cal king

Thanks for all the advice and help

Tom

My initial gripe with the mattress is the fact the corners don’t lie flat on the box spring. See attached images. This problem is exasperated by the fact the seam doesn’t even line up with the edges of the mattress.

Furthermore, the bed itself lacks uniform shape. The edges on mine aren’t well defined, and it feels softer/harder in different places of the mattress.

Like I said, I’m really just disappointed in the quality and confused as to how so many people give this mattress glowing reviews. Keep in mind, I haven’t even described how uncomfortable I find the mattress, these are just quality control issues that apparently occurred with the one I received.

I’ll continue to try and sleep on it and update my review periodically.

Hi m12w,

It’s hard to see the whole mattress from your pictures because they are so close up but it looks like you may have received a mattress that either didn’t decompress properly or where the cover shifted during compression or shipping.

Have you called them and sent them your pictures?

Phoenix

well, we bought a cal king Tuft and Needle Mattress today.

looking forward to getting it.

we are replacing a very expensive kings down with it.

tom

Hoping this pops up on one of my 4 Amex cards

Good price for a good mattress!

If only the 6.5% didn’t take me below $500 on a full mattress … unfortunately I’m not in a tax collecting state either. anyone have an idea how to get both? … without buying 2 mattresses and returning / donating one?

Hi morefiles,

The TMU discount is applied as a refund to your credit card after a purchase so the initial purchase itself would still be $500 and may still qualify but it may be a good idea to talk with Tuft & Needle to see what they say about the AE discount.

Phoenix

Awesome got all the info I need in this one thread for both discounts. Thanks so much!

Thanks for the heads up! Going to give it a try!

Hi cykaykho and chasewalker,

Congratulations to both of you on your new mattresses :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you receive them and have had the chance to try them out as well.

Phoenix

You know I saw this offer on my amex and didn’t realize that T&N was a mattress brand until I saw the job ads all over my FB. After researching about their mattress on this forum I think I will bite the bullet and get one. (deal would be even better if I didn’t have to pay tax, haha). Can’t wait!

(deal would be even better if I didn’t have to pay tax, haha). Can’t wait!

Well, you should pay tax if your state requires you to file a Personal Use Tax. I think 45 states require the Personal Use Tax payment for items purchased online “if” the tax was not collected by the retailer.

Hi hallowed,

Assuming that you decide to pull the trigger … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m also looking forward to finding out how you like it once you’ve received it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

their customer service staff worked it all out / they rock! still not sure how Amex will treat it but T&N said they’d stand behind any discount. Arrived today - looking forward to opening and sleeping on. 100 night trial is the reason I felt ok with the tryout. If things go bad local charity gets it.

Hi morefiles,

Thanks for the update … and it’s good to hear that they worked out the discounts :).

I’m looking forward to any updates you have the chance to share once you’ve had the chance to sleep on it.

Phoenix