a latex mattress in montreal, canada

Believe it or not, I’m not used to forums, so I dont know if I’m posting my questions in the right section, but I AM looking for a latex mattress in Montreal! And thank you so, so much for this forum. Without it I would be much more discouraged than I am now :wink: What a crazy market.

I have 2 main questions. My first one relates to the percentage natural rubber in the Talalay latex. I read the thread about the difference between natural and synthetic latex and the advantages and disadvantages of both. Because of my budget and because I want to make sure my new mattress lasts, I don’t mind the mattress not being 100% natural latex. But I want to know what I am buying (and at the same time get a feel of the trustworthiness of the retailers I am visiting) so I am asking, and I get all kinds of answers. The first one I asked was Matelas Dauphin. They first told me it was 80% natural, then 60, and finally the person who really knew said it was 30% of natural rubber, the rest being “additives”. That person told me their supplier was Talalay Global.

Then at Matelas Sélection, they told me that their Talalay latex was 80% natural, and that their supplier is ALSO Talalay Global. Is this possible? I read in another post that the blends are usually 30 NR/70 SBR. Do Talalay Global make different percentages in their blends? I even wrote to Talalay Global directly with this question and they were very evasive in their response. I mean, there is no way for me to verify the validity of what Matelas Sélection is saying. I do prefer their mattress, especially because they have more choice of firmness for the comfort layer (Dauphin only has 2: one with just a 6" 36 ILD, the other one with a 6" 36 ILD and a 2" 19 ILD comfort layer. I like the in-between for the comfort layer, like 28 ILD.) They also have a cover with a zipper in case you want to change the firmness of the layer. But the matress is more expansive, and I would have to take the hybrid (6" high density foam and 3" latex on top). They say their foam is excellent quality, from Belgium. Their customer service seems to be really good too.

Then at Literie Laurier, they say their supplier is better, Vita Talalay. Is their latex really better quality? At Literie Provinciale, they say their latex is 100% natural but their prices are a bit lower so I am skeptical… They also seem to have had problems with their customer service in the last few years.

My last question is: is the 5% rebate supposed to be valid in retailers of this list here? (#276): The Serta iComfort mattress ... what's the buzz - #176 by phoenix

Again, thank you so much for this forum and for your help in this jungle of mattress shopping!