Adjustable Beds Comparisons

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the conversation today :slight_smile:

You made a good point about taking into consideration how long parts may be available after a purchase (or after a model is discontinued) and I’ve added that as one of the criteria that people can look for in the guidelines here about the pros and cons of different manufacturers and adjustable beds.

I also edited the post to update some of the comments because many of the Leggett & Platt adjustables are more competitive now than they were when I made my purchase.

Phoenix

Well, almost a year later, and these fine people at Olejo are still are “misleading” their customers about the products they sell, never bothering to fix their “mistakes”. Shocker…

Anyone considering an adjustable bed should use caution if considering purchasing from Olejo. Their website product descriptions and the people at the company itself can not be trusted to give you accurate information on the products they sell.

Hi chip,

Olejo certainly hasn’t fixed the mistake in their listing for the Reverie Plus which is unfortunate to say the least.

I have no issues with a company making mistakes … “stuff happens”. I certainly have issues though when it’s brought to their attention and they don’t fix it in a timely manner and a year later certainly isn’t “timely”.

It’s also interesting that your original posts in June last year were around the same time that they were being purchased by Mattress Firm which could be part of the “problem” with their lack of response. It wouldn’t surprise me that their service has deteriorated from what it was when I (and others that I know) dealt with them.

In any case … I called them to “complain” that it hadn’t been changed a year later (when both you and I let them know that the Reverie Essential plus listing was incorrect) and the customer service rep said they would inform the people responsible for their website. We’ll see if they change it.

What was the final outcome of your situation? Did you ever get a refund or solve the issue to your satisfaction?

Phoenix

Hi chip,

Just as an update to this … I just checked their website and they have removed the “wall hugger” from the Reverie Essential Plus description.

Better late than never I suppose :dry:

Phoenix

Glad to hear you got them to fix it, although they shouldn’t have had to be reminded to do so.

In my case, they ended up giving me a ‘rebate’ for the bed, and I kept it. I did later have an issue with the bed, and dealt with Reverie directly for a repair, and they were wonderful.

I think Olejo also has the wrong manual listed on their website, though that’s a less important issue, and there may have been a couple of other minor errors too. But the wall-hugger issue was the big one.

Hi chip,

I certainly agree with you. It’s been misdescribed for a year and while I suspect the reason they didn’t change it when both you and I mentioned it a year ago was because of the purchase and probably staff changes … the fact remains that it has still been wrong for a year.

I’m glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

Thanks for the update and for letting us know what happened (and for the reminder that the description still hadn’t been changed)

Phoenix

I’m not particularly happy with Olejo right now either. I ordered split king adjustable bases and 1 twin xl base showed up today. And when I called them it sounded like the problem was not with the shipping company but either on their end or the manufacturers. Not sure when I’ll get the other base :frowning:

Hi jermy4,

I think their customer service may have become worse since they were purchased by Mattress Firm (see post #21 here).

My own experience with them when there was an issue with shipping was very good (see post #4 here) but this was before they were bought out.

I hope you have the chance to let us know how quickly you receive the other half of your order and your issue is resolved.

Phoenix

[quote=“Phoenix” post=38018]Hi jermy4,

I think their customer service may have become worse since they were purchased by Mattress Firm (see post #21 here).

My own experience with them when there was an issue with shipping was very good (see post #4 here) but this was before they were bought out.

I hope you have the chance to let us know how quickly you receive the other half of your order and your issue is resolved.

Phoenix[/quote]
Yeah, I’m not feeling too great about this right now. When the drivers were here they claimed that they only had the 1 box and they called their warehouse to confirm (which they did). At the same time I called Olejo and they claimed that they would look into it and get back to me but that everything looked correct on the order with the manufacturer.

I called back after a few hours and Olejo told me they confirmed from the manufacturer that 2 boxes were picked up from the manufacturer’s warehouse and that the shipping company is responsible for getting the other box to me.

So I called the company that delivered the 1 base and they claim that some other company picks them up from the manufacturer and that they only received the 1 box from that other company. I can’t get ahold of anybody at the company that apparently picked up both boxes from the manufacturer and didn’t deliver them both to the local shipping company.

I guess I get to sleep on the couch until they get this figured out :frowning:

Hi jermy4,

The “old” Olejo would likely have “taken responsibility” instead of “passed on responsibility” and followed up with the shipping process from them to you to find out where things went wrong … and fixed it … so you didn’t have to make the calls.

I hope things get figured out quickly and you can let us know what happens.

The only good news in all of this is that you have confirmed that the correct order was shipped to you and that you only received half of it so you know the other half is still “out there” somewhere but of course that doesn’t help if only half of it has actually arrived.

Phoenix

While this might seem backwards, I would prefer a screw up on the manufacturer’s end. If the manufacturer had made the mistake they would rectify it quickly to appease Olejo and me. These shipping companies are hard to get ahold of and it’s even harder to get them to take ownership of the issue. My other base is likely sitting in some shipping warehouse buried under some other box and who knows when/if it will be found. Hopefully Olejo will step up and have another one sent if they can’t fix this within the next couple of days.

Interesting enough my tracking still shows “out for delivery” today …

A little update: I did by some act of god get ahold of the shipping company that picked up the boxes from the Reverie warehouse and they did a warehouse sweep (fancy wording for looking around their warehouse for my missing box) and found my other adjustable base box. They called this morning and wanted to bring it out next Wednesday and I begged them to come earlier and they promised to come out Monday.

Olejo claims they are going to take care of me so we’ll see what they come up with when this is all over.

Hi jermy4,

Thanks for sharing another update. This one is a little more promising than the last one and I hope you have the chance to keep us up to date about when you receive the missing half of your adjustable bed and any final outcome with Olejo.

Phoenix

The other half of my Reverie 5D split king showed up a couple of hours ago. The lady at Olejo who said she was going to take care of me comes back from vacation tomorrow so let’s see if she calls me.

On a different note Reverie has changed the design of the deluxe 5D a bit recently. Instead of having casters it now has legs that have 2 parts so you can pick from 3 different heights (the short legs, the longer legs, or both screwed together) and they also have rubber feet now for hard floors. They have also upgraded the appearance of the bases with a gray fabric and the bases now have corner supports instead of 1 support at the bottom.

Hi jermy4,

Thanks for the update and the picture … and it’s great to see you’ve received everything.

I like the look of the new model. It looks a lot more like the higher end 7S now.

Phoenix

One final update from adjustablebeds.org aka olejostores.com

I never did receive any sort of follow up call or anything so I emailed their customer service asking about what the very first customer service person had told me. When I called olejo on the phone when the delivery drivers were at my house with just 1 base the lady I spoke to said she would make it up to me and used an example of a 10% refund of my purchase price for the hassle. I didn’t write her name down because she told me should would call me back on Tuesday but that never happened.

After 6 emails back and forth over the last several days I got them to agree to the 10% refund this afternoon but only after complaining that I had to sleep on the floor for 5 days and also after turning down 2 free memory foam pillows or mattress pads.

The prices at Olejo are decent but if I had to do it all over again I don’t know that I would order from them even though after a price match adjustment and the 10% refund I only paid $1592 for a split king reverie deluxe 5D. I am however thrilled with the adjustable bases for the features that they have for the low price.

In the end the problem was with the delivery company that was used (non stop delivery) but it was Olejo’s choice to use this company, not mine.

Hi jermy4,

I can certainly understand your mixed feelings about your overall purchase given all the circumstances, time, and effort it took for what should have been a much more simple process but I’m glad to see that everything worked out well in the end.

Thanks again for taking the time to keep us up to date along the way and including the final resolution of all the issues you experienced … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I have been looking for a bed and mattress for some time. I finally found a bed I like and it was delivered two weeks ago. It is a platform bed. I would have liked to have gotten an adjustable bed but it was not in my budget. I have seen a remote controlled adjustable (inflatable) incline mattress wedge at Hammacher Schlemmer and wondered if Phoenix or anyone else had any experience with something like this?

Hi Doulas,

I don’t have any personal experience with an inflatable mattress wedge or its reliability but there are a few comments about inclined sleeping (which is different from systems that can raise the head and foot separately or have a zero gravity position) in this thread and there are some comments in post #57 here from one of the members here about using two wedges as an alternative to an adjustable bed that can raise both the head and feet into a zero gravity position.

I would make sure that your mattress is suitable for an adjustable bed and wouldn’t be damaged with bending and I would also be cautious about using a wedge that didn’t provide even and continuous support under the mattress (see this picture) but these concerns aside I think it can certainly be an economical alternative an adjustable bed for elevating the head and/or feet.

Phoenix