Adjustable Beds Comparisons

Hi Geekymom1,

Iā€™m glad the site could help you , and congratulations on your new mattresses and your adjustable beds :).

I think you made some good quality/value choices and I hope you have the chance to share your comments and feedback when you receive them!

Phoenix

Iā€™ve been debating about getting the bluetooth modules for our 5D and wanted to share what I found in case anyone else was looking to purchase the bluetooth add-on. It normally retails for $199 + shipping from reverie directly but savvy rest is only charging $75 with free shipping. I just ordered 2 of them at that price.

Hereā€™s the link in case anyone else is interested: https://savvyrest.com/products/adjustable-beds/reverie-bluetooth

Hi jermy4,

Thanks for the heads up ā€¦ I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hey guys I was trying to get some opinions between the Reverie 8Q, Serta Motion Comfort, or the Ergomotion 8300. I realize the 8300 is basically the same as the Motion Comfort- but the added speakers and app support seem like they would be useful for using as an alarm or other things. I see that the Reverie is very similar and also cheaper- does anyone have any thoughts? I own a king icomfort renewal refined and have been using it on the floor while saving for this frame!

Looking at the three even more it seems the Reverie allows for app control via bluetooth and everything else except for lumbar support that the 8300 and Custom have. The 8300 has everything except for app support (I think?) and also Iā€™m not sure the mattress will stay on the shelf. The Motion Custom I believe has everything youā€™d ever want, no? Can anyone find cheaper prices than eBay or Amazon? So far they are the cheapestā€¦

Hi Matchmee,

Iā€™ve never used an adjustable bed that has the features that you mentioned and they probably wouldnā€™t be all that important to me but the features that are important to each person may be very different from from someone else. Hopefully some of the members that have an adjustable with the features that you are mentioning will see your post and make some comments about how useful they find them.

There is more information about choosing an adjustable bed in post #3 here and the main adjustable bed topic that it links to that can help you choose an adjustable bed based on price vs features comparisons and also includes some retailers that you can use as good sources of information about the features of the adjustable beds they carry and as pricing references as well (in post #6 in the main adjustable bed topic). Of course there are many other sources as well and prices can change on a regular basis so I would also include some internet searching in your research and I would also keep in mind that online advertised prices are often price controlled so make sure you call the stores you are considering to find out their best prices rather than just looking at websites.

I would treat all the major adjustable bed manufacturers as being closely comparable in terms of reliability so choosing an adjustable bed is really a matter of choosing the model that has the features that are most important to you at the best price regardless of the manufacturer.

Post #4 here may be helpful as well if you are considering the Ergomotion/Softide 8300.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix! Yeah I had read those posts and searched on those sites- but it seems as though Amazon is still cheaper than many of them. Iā€™m not sure the features are necessarily needed either but itā€™s hard to decide which feature is more important/nice to have! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi Matchmee,

I think that the only features of an adjustable bed that are ā€œneededā€ is the ability to raise and lower the head and foot and everything else would be a preference that would be used more by some people or less (or not at all) by others.

I know in our own case the only feature that we use on a regular basis is raising the head and foot (for reading in bed, watching movies etc) and we donā€™t even use the massage feature nearly as much as we thought we would when we purchased it.

Phoenix

Well hope they are Better now with the Referie 5D.
If not I will not oder one.

Our Costco here carries Adjustable Bases. For Mattress.

hi
does anyone have any general knowledge about rize adjustable beds?

BTW this website is an amazing platform,keep up the good work.

I answered this same question that you posted in another thread here.

General thoughts on the Leggett & Platt Pro-Motion 2.0 and this low price on it from Amazon?

Only reason Iā€™m really considering an adjustable base is because of neck pain. I know itā€™s a very base model but I only need basic functionality and it seems to check all my boxes from the list of features in post #2, and price is a big consideration atm because the mattresses Iā€™m near set on are most of my budget.

Of the 5 price reference websites in post #3 (that are still active), two of them carried the Pro-Motion 2.0, and I suspected one more essentially did under a different name. The best price I saw was $699 from newroomsdirect.com.
I found it on Amazon for $514.90 Amazon.com

In regards to the Amazon listing, the seller is Fashion Bed Group which does seem to be a division of Leggett & Platt according to leggett.com, and itā€™s fulfilled by Amazon directly. Iā€™ve requested a copy of the warranty from Amazon. No reviews yetā€¦ But it wasnā€™t exactly easy to find, it didnā€™t show up in my initial search and I only found it when I was looking at a different model and I saw it on a model comparison chart provided by a seller. But googling Pro-Motion 2.0 itā€™s one of the top results. Also an extended warranty is offered at checkout but I have read the advice from posts #4 & #5

Thoughts?

Sorry if this is a mess and I donā€™t know if this is the most appropriate place to post this, wrote this really really late on bad sleep.

I have the Leggett & Platt Prodigy 2.0

Its pretty awesome.

There are features I dont use such as pillow tilt and massage. I dont find the pillow tilt or massage comfy but others might.

I do like the underbed lighting, the snore function , one touch remote functions and of course raising and lowering head and feet.

I tried 2 other brands in a store before I bought the L&P.

Something made me chose the L & P over them but honestly I cant remember what.

It is more expensive then the ones you mentioned above.

After lurking now for a month, I have a question about adjustable bases. Iā€™ve found an L&P Phoenix split king that I think Iā€™m going with butā€¦I have a question about a different base.

This Classic Brand on Amazon is about $500 cheaper than the L&P I found. Does anyone know anything about this brand? I donā€™t know who makes this bed or see if there is a warranty and what the warranty covers.

I found the companies website so I will be asking them questions, but I wondered if anyone had any experience with their adjustable beds.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01G6Q454S/?coliid=I2DTRQGL3XEL7W&colid=2H4X3EKC4EHQK&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Any adjustable bed bases that do NOT have flame retardant? I am trying to go as ā€œgreen as possibleā€ while still getting reasonable quality.

To anyone looking at this thread.
Ken at Arizona Premium contacted Reverie: His reply: ā€œHereā€™s what they tell me: The 3em has no foam. Because of that we donā€™t have to do a Miliken burn test for FR. Itā€™s just a mesh material wrapped around the wood.ā€
There is one made for Naturepedic and a Freestyle Comfort Base (Needs to be put on a platform sold at Naturalbed)

Adjustable beds donā€™t require flame retardants.

That only applies to mattresses.

Hi Phoenix,

First of all, thank you for this great site! It has a lot of useful information. This is my first post and hope it is the right place :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking into buying a Latex mattress and adjustable bed, both in Split Queen size.

I live in Vancouver BC and it seems Split Queen Adjustable bed available in Canada is quite limited. So far, there are 3 that I can get from a local supplier.

Legget & Plattā€™s Falcon
Legget & Platt Scape 2.0
Ergomotion Contour 1

I went to try them all and was a bit disappointed with the massage function. I was hoping for an actual massage but it feels more like just the vibration.

I like some of the buttons on Ergomotion which I donā€™t have to keep pressing. On L&G, there arenā€™t any buttons that I could just press once and goes to the desired position. I felt this is a bit annoying.

The Wall hugger option is nice to have but I read L&P Scape is the only model that comes with full (moves 11" instead of 6") wall hugger? Is this correct?

Does anyone know if there are other manufactures that make split queen available in Canada?

Thanks in advance.

Hey chiwara,

Welcome to the TMU Forum :slight_smile: ! Thanks so much for your kind words on the site, lots of great folks here contributing their experience and knowledge over the years to help others get a good nightā€™s rest. Hope you donā€™t mind my taking your question, Phoenix is hard at work in the background today, thought Iā€™d try and help out.

[quote]Iā€™m looking into buying a Latex mattress and adjustable bed, both in Split Queen size. I live in Vancouver BC and it seems Split Queen Adjustable bed available in Canada is quite limited. So far, there are 3 that I can get from a local supplier.

Legget & Plattā€™s Falcon

Legget & Platt Scape 2.0

Ergomotion Contour 1

The Wall hugger option is nice to have but I read L&P Scape is the only model that comes with full (moves 11" instead of 6") wall hugger? Is this correct?[/quote]

Your question got me curious too, so I went online, found an L & P consumer productsā€™ FAQ page and did some investigating. For others who may be new to adjustable beds, Leggett & Plattā€™s WallHugger feature is described as ā€œtechnology that puts you at the center of the bedā€™s motion. While other adjustable bed bases lift your upper body away from the wall ā€“ and away from your nightstand ā€“ bases with WallHuggerĀ® engineering lift you up while simultaneously gliding you back. That means your favorite book and the remote control are within reach whenever youā€™re ready for them.ā€ Here is an image of the WallHugger (left) vs. Non-WallHugger (right). Also, here is their customer service number in case you want to calling directly with your questions: 800-888-3078. I tried calling but they seemed super-busy, decided that answering your question was time better spent for now, lol.

I wasnā€™t able to verify the 11" vs 6" measurements you offered, but a YouTube demo suggested that upper part of the mattress can be raised to a 58Ā° angle. The Falcon doesnā€™t offer the WallHugger feature; however, Ergomotionā€™s site indicates that the Contour series has ā€œwall saving technology, allowing you to stay in place next to your nightstand, even when you raise the head.ā€, a similar description to L&Pā€™s WallHugger.

What manufacturer are you working with locally? That would give me a better idea who else to suggest trying. But also, they could answer that for you too ;). Keep us updated on your progress and drop back by when you have newsā€¦

Thanks,
Sensei

Hi Sensei,
Thank you for looking into the L&P wall hugger. I called them as well but after 25 minutes of being on hold, I gave up.

This is the videoI watched comparing L&P Scape (5:48) vs Reverie (7:50) wall hugger.

However, I just found there is another video from the same guy on Scape2.0. He mentioned L&P made several changes and the wall hugger is no longer moves as much as the old model. (0:25)

It is too bad that they made this change. I donā€™t know if there are other make/models that might have a full wall hugger option but since they donā€™t list this information on the website, the only way to figure out is going to the showroom with a ruler :slight_smile:

For the adjustable bed, Iā€™ve been to SleepShop which I got the link from Phoenixā€™s post on this page

For latex dunlop mattress, Iā€™ve been to North Shore Linens and InBed Organics, both mentioned from Phoenixā€™s post. However, they do not sell adjustable bed.

I have more questions on latex mattress but Iā€™ll post it somewhere else.