Adjustable Beds Comparisons

Hello, first time posting. My parents are in their 70s and looking to buy an adjustable bed/mattress. I don’t want them to end up with a dud that will break down fast like the mattress they have now. They live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. Any places they should check out for testing or any tips are greatly appreciated.

Hey lionheart,

Welcome to the Mattress Underground :slight_smile: ! Thanks for your question.

Congrats on your parents’ new mattress shopping journey :slight_smile: ! I can guess that they are pleased to have your help navigating the murky mattress shopping waters and hope you all find the resources here helpful for your research.

Before getting started canvasing potential manufacturer/ retailer showrooms, you may find several of Phoenix’s tutorials helpful; of particular interest would be “Finding a Great Mattress Outlet”, outlining how to choose who you want to consider doing business with, as well as tips for understanding what to expect during the mattress shopping process. “Different Types and Categories of Mattresses” breaks down into categories what you can expect to see during your store visits (many mattresses out there are suited for adjustable beds). And particularly for your parents’ review, Phoenix’s “Determining Your Personal Statistics” and “Five Steps to Your Perfect Mattress” will provide them with thought-starters for discussing their personal preferences during store visits.

You may consider reviewing our TMU trusted member manufacturer/ retailer listing, many of which offer adjustable base-compatible mattresses, as well as adjustable bed bases. You can also use the “Talk to the Experts” forum to ask questions directly of expert members. Special bonus to all TMU consumer subscribers: anyone asking at least one question on the forum (and you have) may receive a small product discount from participating business subscribers, our way of saying “Thank You” for supporting the program… :wink:

Just for clarity, I don’t make recommendations for stores unless they are a trusted member of the TMU site. We have decided to discontinue the provision of listings of potential retailers in various geographic regions because of the difficulty in maintaining lists in a retail landscape that is constantly changing, as well as the confusion it creates among consumer subscribers who incorrectly assumed that these businesses are approved as members of The Mattress Underground.

Looking forward to hearing more about what your parents decide as their journey unfolds and good luck.

Thanks,

Sensei

Thank you Sensei! Your information is greatly appreciated. :slight_smile: