Advice on Aireloom Alpine Streamline Channel Firm

My wife and i have been mattress shopping. We looked at a bed at Sit’N’Sleep - The model is called: Aireloom Alpine Streamline Channel Firm
Looking for some advice on Airloom quality or find a cheaper alternative?

• Ultra Conforming Tencel® Knit top panel with 100% cotton mattress border
  • Patented open chamber design with barrier free construction. Coils are more conforming and supportive
  • Tufted by hand thru all layers of the mattress.
  • Silk/wool fibers
  • Super Soft foam backed with 100% cotton True-stretch™ tricot
  • 3.5# pressure relieving airegelle™
  • Firm Aireluxe™ foam
  • Visco Elastic Memory foam
  • Heavy duty foam edge support
  • Tempered, 8" 13 ¾ gauge 8 ½ turn, Support-flex ™ individually wrapped coils
  • V shaped Semi flex grid foundation
  • Firm feel

Hi ngeorgieff,

[quote]Looking for some advice on Airloom quality or find a cheaper alternative?

Ultra Conforming Tencel® Knit top panel with 100% cotton mattress border
Patented open chamber design with barrier free construction. Coils are more conforming and supportive
Tufted by hand thru all layers of the mattress.
Silk/wool fibers
Super Soft foam backed with 100% cotton True-stretch™ tricot
3.5# pressure relieving airegelle™
Firm Aireluxe™ foam
Visco Elastic Memory foam
Heavy duty foam edge support
Tempered, 8" 13 ¾ gauge 8 ½ turn, Support-flex ™ individually wrapped coils
V shaped Semi flex grid foundation
Firm feel[/quote]

Unfortunately the specs you listed doesn’t include enough information about the quality of the materials to make any meaningful comments about the mattress.

If you have done some careful and objective testing on a mattress and it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences), then the information you would need to assess the quality durability of the materials in the mattress is in this article. If you can list the type, thickness, and density of all the layers and components then I’d be happy to make some comments about the quality/durability of the materials inside the mattress. I certainly wouldn’t make a “blind purchase” where you don’t have this information and you may find that it may be difficult to find out the information you need to make an informed purchase with many Aireloom retailers (see the list of the 15 largest manufacturers here).

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … I would start with the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choice … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately there is not enough information on their web site.
All I found is information about their patents and the structure of the mattress.

Could you please recommend me a brand or model /both side sleepers and looking for medium firm/ that can best fit in our budget (~ $1800-$2500).

Hi ngeorfieff,

Most manufacturers and retailers in the mainstream industry don’t list meaningful specs about their mattresses on their sites but a good retailer or factory direct manufacturer will be happy to provide them for their customers. Since a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it (regardless of the name of the manufacturer) … if the store you are dealing with can’t (or won’t) provide you with this information I would pass the mattress by. There is little “value” in buying a mattress that uses lower quality materials that feel great at first but lose their comfort and/or support prematurely relative to the price you paid and the loss of comfort and support isn’t covered by warranty (see post #4 here).

There are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to recommend a specific mattress for someone else out of all the thousands of mattresses that are available in the market (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). Only you can feel what you feel on a mattress.

“Brand shopping” is also among the worst ways to choose a mattress since all manufacturers have access to the same or very similar materials and a mattress is only as good as it’s construction and the quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name on the label (see post #4 here). The “best” manufacturers or retailers are the ones who are knowledgeable, experienced, and transparent and will put your own best interests above their own. They are the ones that will be willing and able to tell you the quality of the materials inside their mattress so you can identify any weak links in the mattress and make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses.

While it’s not possible to tell someone else which specific mattress to buy … the mattress shopping tutorial here has all the information, steps, and guidelines that can help you with “how” to make the best possible choices … and more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Once you get to step 3 in the tutorial … the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the general Los Angeles region are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Thank you very much for your help Phoenix. After all, we decided to buy from local manufacturer Spinal Care Bedding.

Hi ngeorgieff,

While I don’t know which mattress you purchased … Spinal Care would typically be a much better quality/value choice and they are open and transparent about the materials they use in their mattresses.

So it sounds like you did well … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I hope you have the chance to share your feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it.

Phoenix

The model is Monet Pillow Top. I will definitely share my feedback.

Hi ngeorgieff,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up buying :).

That would be great.

Phoenix