Advice on new mattress that I'm considering, please.

Hi scubamom,

[quote]Meanwhile I was all ready to call Jeff at Mattress to Go and place an order for another Beautiful. Now I don’t know what to do other than I SURE don’t want to sleep on this Simmons any longer than we have to! :slight_smile:

Hey, at least there might be light at the end of tunnel… costly, but this whole thing has been one big ordeal after another! [/quote]

I hope that PLB will reply soon enough to give you some better alternatives than having to buy a whole new mattress and if it was me I would try and “hold on” for a little while at least until it’s clear that they either will or won’t reply fast enough.

The “stock” reply you received is certainly encouraging but or course they still need to follow it up with something more specific.

Phoenix

Well, so far, nothing from the online PBL form I filled out so took Bob’s and your advice and sent an email to claims@whatever it was and called their number. Got a recording that “they were helping other customers” and left a message detailing the problem, etc.

Really, this is clearly a claims, but who knows what will come of this. Everyday, I’m ready to order a Beautiful from Mat To Go and then decide to give it another day. As hubby said, at this rate, we may not get another mattress until Christmas! :slight_smile:

Wonder of wonders! After I emailed the claims department with info and photos of our problem, I received a reply from PLB two days later! They requested proof of purchase which I sent along with photos of the mattress tags, etc. Supposedly, they will contact the mattress company where it was purchased and try to “resolve” something next week.

Do I see a light at the end of the tunnel? :slight_smile:

Hi scubamom,

That’s great news … thanks for letting us know!

It sure sounds like it … or at the very least the tunnel is not quite as dark :slight_smile:

Phoenix

We are still waiting to see what PLB does about the warranty claim. Supposedly they are now waiting for some more information from the retailer - what I don’t know. We are about to go on week 3 of the waiting game…

Hi scubamom,

I guess the saga continues … although I still suspect that there is more going on in the background than meets the eye.

I hope you hear from them soon … and I’d be interested in what the delay was about as well.

Phoenix

Update… PLB wanted MORE PICTURES, so my mattress company sent MORE PICTURES! :slight_smile: The sags are 3/4" so we’ll see what happens next. Meanwhile, they ordered a PLB for another customer 4 weeks ago and it still hasn’t arrived. But then it took Jewels 6 weeks to get hers, so I guess there’s more than one of us that played the waiting, waiting, waiting game.

Makes me wonder how PLB plans to stay in business with zip communication and long delivery dates for some if not all of their customers.

I keep hoping they will get their act together since there are really so few Latex Companies out there presently (compared to the 3 Ss and others). It is really a trend that needs to be on the upswing but won’t happen if folks can’t find Latex mattresses at their local stores. :frowning:

Hi scubamom,

It’s hard to imagine that they need more pictures … I would think one would be enough to tell them that the foundation is defective :dry:

[quote]Makes me wonder how PLB plans to stay in business with zip communication and long delivery dates for some if not all of their customers.

I keep hoping they will get their act together since there are really so few Latex Companies out there presently (compared to the 3 Ss and others). It is really a trend that needs to be on the upswing but won’t happen if folks can’t find Latex mattresses at their local stores. :-([/quote]

There are still lots of smaller independents that make latex mattresses in most areas of the country but there isn’t a lot in the major manufacturers. Their shipping times are also a mystery to me because I talked with a friend today that told me that both he and another store they know are getting their PLB active fusion mattresses in about a week so I really don’t know why the discrepancies between different retailers.

I sure hope that your issues get resolved quickly!

Phoenix

We are hoping they will replace the mattress since it was ruined by the defective foundation - the head to toe sags on either side were 3/4" (remember this mattress was only 2 months old!) and that’s what they wanted a ton of pictures of. We’ll see how good their warranty is anyway. We don’t even need a foundation replacement since we bought the tempurpedic ones to try to flatten out the PLB mattress (which didn’t help).

Odd that Jewels and us have all these delays, yet others do not… really, really strange. Maybe it is the production of the PLB beautiful line since that is what Jewels ordered too. I had one retailer tell me the reason there was a delay (in the beautiful - he said 2-3 weeks) was that yet another factory had a fire… the one that made the upholstery!

Who knows…I still have the option to order from Mattresses to Go, but he said 3-4 weeks to ship. I really don’t want to buy another mattress if PLB intends to honor the warranty. As hubby said… what will we do with two Beautifuls! I said, one to use and one for spare! :slight_smile:

Hi scubamom,

Matt-to-go was one of the ones that said they received their last PLB Active Fusion mattresses (which includes the Beautiful) in about a week.

The fire certainly didn’t help but I think they recovered from it a few weeks ago (see here) and any current delays are probably more connected to their Chapter 11 than to the fire. He did mention that the Hybrid line is taking longer because they are less popular and their foundations are also taking more time because they don’t make it themselves (not that anyone would really want one anyway).

Phoenix

Update… PLB claims department is still giving our mattress company the run around now at week 5 of “waiting to see what they do”. Both the mattress company and I have sent enough photos to wall paper a room, they’ve filled out forms, etc. And we still have no idea if PLB will replace anything. :frowning:

Meanwhile, I got tired of waiting and ordered a Beautiful from Jeff at Mattress To Go. So happy we did that and wished that we’d done it a month ago! But done now. If the claim comes through someday, then we’ll have two beautifuls - better to have two than none! :slight_smile: Our guest room will be happy with the extra - that bed needed replacing anyway.

Hi scubamom,

Congratulations on your “new” mattress … although it’s unfortunate that it has to be a second mattress and that you haven’t resolved the issues you are having with your first one.

I’m somewhat mystified why the store you are dealing with is having the issues they are having and I would sure be curious to know the reasons for it. Has the store you are dealing with told you what PLB has said to them about the reasons for the delays (they must have been told something by PLB to explain the delay) or has PLB told you anything directly about why it is taking so long?

Phoenix

They say they have no clue other than their PLB contact left and never been replaced - meaning when they call, the person they need to talk to either isn’t in or they leave a message and never get a call back. The mattress company ordered a Beautiful for another customer 5 weeks ago and have yet to see it.

Meanwhile, I called stores in San Antonio and Austin (60 miles on either side of my mattress company) and they are still selling PLB and are telling me that it is now more up to speed on deliveries and it is only taking about 2 weeks to receive orders. Supposedly.

Mattress to Go said probably 3-4 weeks depending on the “drop ship” logistics to south Texas… maybe sooner, but he’d rather give leeway. I laughed and said he was probably the only honest mattress dealer that I’d talked to that day! :slight_smile:

It may well be that my mattress company didn’t sell that many PLB in this area (compared to those in San Antonio and Austin) and got shoved to the back burner. It’s one reason they dropped PLB… can’t say that I blame them… no use trying to sell something that has no rep to deal with.

Truly a mess.

I’ll keep you posted on the new one coming and the warranty claim. I WILL say that PLB has been good about answering my emails, even though every one says “we still have a few more things to receive from the mattress company and thank you for your patience”. I’m really OUT of patience with them! :slight_smile: 5 weeks is a long time…

Hi scubamom,

As far as I know … PLB is back up to speed and their warehouses are stocked so most retailers should be up to date now with their supplies and shipments.

The situation with your store seems very odd to me and it sounds like they may need to work out some other issues that they may be having with PLB that may have little or nothing to do with your specific situation because as I mentioned before I don’t really understand why they haven’t just replaced your mattress and then dealt with PLB after your issues have been resolved. They could even have had a replacement mattress shipped directly to you by now.

In any case I’m looking forward to an update that (hopefully) says your replacement issue has been resolved.

Phoenix

The mattress company tried to reach PLB during august and part of Sept to reorder and no one returned their calls. Their former rep said he’d not been replaced and at the time, PLB was supposedly running over a month behind on orders (with other companies I checked with). I filed the claim on a lark never thinking anything would come of it (and so far it hasn’t!). I’ve emailed weekly since then and received a reply back each time (which gave hope anyway).

I sent them the same foundation photos that I posted on Page 4 of this thread, but suddenly last week they wanted pictures from the mattress company I guess to verify mine. Then they wanted photos of the tags on the foundations (which I’d already sent them). As I said, it’s the run around so far… and right, how many pictures taken every which way to Sunday do they need?

So, a replacement mattress did not seem possible before my claim and we’ll just have to see what PLB may want still. I emailed them again today and asked if they now have everything they need. Have not heard back yet. So we’ll see what they say next.

Wonder of wonders! PLB made good on the warranty claim!! They are replacing the mattress and foundations! Amazing! Guess I’ll have two Beautifuls after ordering from Mattress to Go. We’ll see which one gets here first. :slight_smile:

Hi scubamom,

That’s great news … thanks for letting us know :slight_smile:

Phoenix

The claim was approved last Wednesday and the mattress company received the Beautiful and foundations on Friday! Talk about speedy! They plan to deliver the first part of the week and are going to trade out the PLB foundations for far more substantial Tempurpedic ones. Yea!

The Beautiful from Mattress to Go isn’t here yet, but maybe it will come this week too. One little glitch that Jeff of Matt to Go solved… we needed another PLB 2" topper for the extra Beautiful but when I called Jeff, he said the reason it was no longer on his website (only the 3" topper) is they discontinued the 2". Not to worry, he managed to have them make one for us! Yea again!

Maybe at weeks end, this long, long ordeal will be over and we’ll be happily sleeping on a Pure Latex Bliss Beautiful again. I can hardly wait!

Hi scubamom,

Thanks for the update.

It took some time but it’s great to see your saga is almost over.

Phoenix

I thought I’d wrap up our experience since we now have both PLB Mattresses - one from the warranty claim and the other ordered from Mattress to Go.

The warranty claim took about a month and despite my original email to them detailing by words and photos that the hardtop-less foundations allowed the mattress to sag between the slats and bend it out of shape permanently, they somehow seemed to miss that point and only really want to know if the sags on each side were at least 3/4" which they were. That said, it was hard for us and the mattress retailer to get good photos with the wild embossed pattern on the mattress cover. We did and that was that. Only on the last day of the claim did the claim department realize the foundations were defective and needed replaced! Hello, hello! :slight_smile:

Our mattress retailer very nicely kept the PLB replacement foundations and substituted a pair of heavy duty sturdy built temperpedic ones! While we had already purchased a set of these when we first found the PLB foundations topless, we were happy to have the extra set for the Beautiful coming from Mattress to Go.

The replacement mattress was delivered to our mattress retailer in central Texas two days after the claim was granted! They in turn brought to us the following week (we are located 2 1/2 hour drive from them).

The PLB Beautiful that I ordered from Mattress To Go was possibly delivered to an Austin “delivery company” around the same time, but it took them almost two weeks to bring it to us. If we didn’t live in the back 40 of Texas, it might have been sooner! But as Jeff of Mattress to Go advised, it took a bit less than three weeks from ordering to delivery - not bad for “mail order” mattress at a VERY GOOD PRICE! I highly recommend Mattress to Go for anyone who would like to compare prices with their local retailers and are willing to wait a bit to receive it. Jeff is wonderful to work with.

All the PLB beautifuls are great (we already had one at our second home in Central Texas) however, one appears to be a bit firmer than the others… it may soften up but interesting that they all are a little bit different in feel. No matter, latex is the best thing that we ever slept on so we are perfectly happy and satisfied.

Hopefully, Pure Latex Bliss will continue to reorganize successfully.

This forum has been interesting, informative, and very helpful! I’d never have found Mattress to Go had I not been a part of this forum.

Many thanks Phoenix, Bob and to the others who kicked in their advice and two cents. Much appreciated.