After days of searching, back at the beginning

After days of laying on mattresses I am still confused about what I should order. About me:
150 lb F
Currently sleeping like a rotisserie chicken- back, side, and stomach
Budget is 5K

I have found that in general I tend to prefer plush hybrid mattresses. I will also be using an eight sleep cover on top to keep my temperature regulated. I am located in the midwest- Cincinnati/Louisville area.

The beds I liked the best was the beautyrest black cx plush hybrid but worried about the quality of the materials and the reviews noting sagging quickly. I also like the Original Mattress Factory Orthopedic Hybrid but it was a tad too firm. I did not care for all foam/latex beds.

Where should I look next? Any advice- everything is starting to feel the same on an initial trial.

Aireloom Preferred Luxetop M1/M2 in Firm/Plush. (4 mattresses).

Call Richard from “Aireloom mattress reviews” on youtube. Best prices. Tell him John sent you. Do I get a commission? Nope!

John

Hi Pollyspockets and welcome to the forums! I know your budget is $5,000, but you might want to consider the Luxerion Hybrid from Latex Mattress Factory. It’s an outstanding mattress and an outstanding value, and it has only a 5.5% return rate, and the industry average for mattress returns is 15-20%, with some companies as high as 35%.

It’s made with 3" of soft Talalay for the top layer with 6" of Leggett & Platt’s Quantum Edge coils. The top 3” of soft latex should ensure you get all the contour and pressure relief needed to avoid any hip pain or shoulder pain. This layer will also provide the secondary support needed to help avoid back pain. Secondary support is needed to fill in the gaps between your body and the mattress – back sleepers normally need secondary support to fill in the gaps between the small of their back and the mattress; side sleepers normally need secondary support to fill in the gaps between their mid-section and the mattress. If these parts of a person’s body aren’t supported by the mattress, their muscles will work throughout the night to hold these parts of the body up, and by the time they wake up they’ve got back pain. So the top 3” of soft latex will provide contour, pressure relief, and secondary support. The core of the mattress will provide all the primary support needed to maintain proper spinal alignment and avoid back pain. The Hybrid also has enhanced edge support, in case edge support is a concern of yours.

The king size is $1,199 and the queen is $979. The mattress comes with 1 or 2 free pillows (depending on the size) and there’s no charge for shipping or sales tax. If you were to choose the Luxerion Hybrid, you’d have an extra ~$4,000 left over for a nice adjustable base, headboard / footboard setup, etc. Please don’t mistake the low price for a low value. We’re a factory direct company and don’t believe in charging customers $3,000 for something that we can sell for ~$1,000. This mattress should last 10-15 years, it has no harmful chemicals, no chemical flame retardants, no fiberglass, no formaldehyde, etc. etc. Just something to consider! Luxerion Hybrid Latex Mattress – Latex Mattress Factory

1 Like

Hi pollyspockets! We are glad to welcome you here!

In your hybrid search, have you considered Naturepedic? They fit your price range easily (they’re having a sale now) and have several hybrid styles, all of which allow you to choose from five different firmness levels. The materials are high quality, as is the workmanship.

They have several showrooms in the Cincinnati area (although more towards the northern end, which might be a bit of a drive for you). If you are comfortable buying over the phone, we are glad to help also. The Naturepedic link above will take you to our site, and we have a Memorial Day sale going on right now.

I wish you well in your search! Let us know if we can help.

1 Like