Any opinions on Nature's Embrace or Restmore Mattresses? (Canada/Winnipeg)

Hello

I am following the steps of many in a search for a queen mattress. I live in Winnipeg and visited three places yesterday. Although I intended to avoid the “BIG S”, I did find the Serta icomfort (Model: Directions, acumen) and the Restonic Health Rest Tempagel (model "Eden) among the most comfortable and planned to choose from those. (I could not find any specific reviews on this particular Restonic mattress.)

However, upon reading further, I am increasingly uncomfortable with the idea of so many weird chemicals included in the memory foam mattresses, and what seems to be a somewhat unpredictable comfort level in the future. (I have not had a MF mattress before so might be overly conservative about the comfort issue.)

In any case, I hope to see a few Nature’s Embrace mattresses in person (Aviva showroom) and will also look into Restmore, although I don’t know what brand Restmore carries. I only found one opinion by a purchases of Nature’s Embrace (after her first night), so am looking for opinions from more people on their mattresses.

Question 1: Does anyone who purchased or tested a Nature’s Embrace latex mattress give their opinion (in particular, a queen “unison”?

Question 2: Other suggestions for mattresses made by Rinelle (their memory foam line)? I believe this is the same company that makes Nature’s Embrace.

Question 3: I saw another brand called “Natura” but found some pretty poor reviews on line for that company that scared me away. Does anyone have anything to add?

I welcome your suggestions

Details:

• My boyfriend and I are mostly side sleepers
  • I often wake and have to rotate myself quite mechanically - having become rather stiff after a couple hours of sleep (it could be my mattress or me, age 55)
  • Generally I preferred medium firm mattresses when testing yesterday.
  • I tend to get overly hot - temperature control is a big issue
  • We keep the house cool in evenings - do memory foam mattresses get hard when it is 16 deg C (approx 55-60 deg F) at night?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi Home of Paddles,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the best place to start your mattress research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones (such as Serta or other major brands).

Restonic is a licensee group that is made up of many regional factories that may each use different materials in their mattresses and can have different names for mattresses in their own region. I would also tend to avoid using mattress reviews as an effective way to choose a mattress because a mattress that is “perfect” for one person or even many people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on and almost all reviews don’t contain any information about the quality of the materials in a mattress (see post #13 here).

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here and if you have done some careful and objective testing on a mattress for PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) then the next most important part of the “value” of a mattress purchase is to make sure you know the type and quality of all the materials inside it so you can make sure there are no “weak links” in the mattress and make more meaningful comparisons with other mattresses. Knowing the construction and quality of the materials inside a mattress (see this article) so you can compare them to the guidelines here and to other mattresses are much more important than either the name of the manufacturer or the name of the mattress.

Restmore is an independent manufacturer which makes their own mattresses. They are one of the members of this site which means that I think highly of them and I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency. You can also see some comments about them on the Winnipeg list here.

I also think highly of Renelle who makes the Nature’s Embrace mattresses and you can see a few comments about them in post #4 here and a forum search on Renelle will also bring up more information about them. Again though, outside of testing a mattress for PPP the next most important part of any mattress purchase is to make sure you know the type and quality of the materials inside any mattress you purchase.

Natura used to be an independent manufacturer but they went bankrupt and were bought out by Spring Air/Sommex (now called Rev Sleep). They make many mattresses that use high quality materials but they can also be in higher budget ranges than other manufacturers that make similar mattresses that use similar materials. Again the “value” of any mattress purchase always depends first on how suitable it is for you in terms of PPP, second on the type and quality/durability of the materials and components in the mattress, and finally on all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

There are many different types of memory foam made by different foam manufacturers but all memory foam will be temperature sensitive to some degree yes which means that they will tend to be firmer in colder temperatures or at least will take longer to soften with your body heat than foams that aren’t temperature sensitive.

Phoenix

Thank you for the very helpful and thorough reply! I look forward to testing Mattresses at Restmore and at Aviva (Nature’s Embrace) this week!