Anyone own a techno gel mattress?

Hi millLA,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback as well … and I’m also sorry to hear that your mattress didn’t work out well for you either.

This is one of the reasons why its so important to know the type and quality/durability of all the materials and components inside any mattress you purchase because regardless of the brand or the price of a mattress … outside of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) a mattress is only as good as it’s construction and the quality of the materials inside it.

The gel itself is a good quality and durable material but it’s only a relatively thin layer in their mattresses so it’s much more likely that the issues you are having are because of the other materials in your mattress … not from the gel itself. Deciding not to consider gel would be similar to buying an innerspring mattress that softens or breaks down too quickly and someone believing that the reason is the innerspring itself and deciding to never buy another innerspring mattress when in almost all cases the layers above the innerspring are the real source of the issues they are having. There are certainly some good quality mattresses that use a soft solid gel or other foams that infuse gel into the foam in various ways (there is more about different types of gel materials in post #2 here) so looking at the specifics of all the materials in a mattress and making sure there are no weak links in the mattress is usually more reliable approach than ruling out a complete category of materials that would include lower and higher quality versions of the same type of material.

Thank again for taking the time to share your experiences.

Phoenix

Just an update re the Technogel mattress. The rep visited today and agreed the mattress was very soft and sinking. He was very nice and listened without disputing my complaints. He offered to take the mattress away to exchange the too soft core layers for much firmer higher density ones. I agreed and they came today, took the mattress and returned in a few hours. The mattress feels notably firmer so I’m hoping this is going to be the end of any issues. Of course, we expect some softening but hopefully, the more dense layers added will at least, keep our spines from sleeping in hammock type positions as before. I will keep you updated. As far as how the issue was dealt with, I was treated with respect and professionalism. Pheonix, you are a great resource and obviously, a generous and just minded person! Thank you so much for this! It is rare to find such kindness, support and dedication these days.

Thanks missLA. Thanks for sharing. It is always good to know it is not just you alone that have a bad experience and so helpful to everyone here. It is so frustrating. I would encourage you to keep at them and even get a letter from a lawyer sent on your behalf to let them know that you mean business!. There seems to be such a scam going on where mattresses are concerned. They can say what ever they like and really, who knows what is really inside unless you cut it open and have it tested. Perhaps too, you could consult with a local mattress maker to have the bed modified. You could even tell the Techno Gel people you are going to do this for reason of inspection to see if their advertising/sales hype matches what is inside. I have no experience in this but seems to me that we all have the right to kick up if we are sold a dud product. The more people that hold them accountable, the better… as it is a competitive market and in times of social media, a brand could suffer if enough bad reviews were written. They may need you to remind them of this. Sometimes, you have to stand hard and strong for your rights. Goodluck…would love to hear what happens.

Hi Steeks,

Thanks for the update and for sharing the results of your meeting with the Technogel rep.

I also have to say that if they took away your mattress and returned with a new one in only a few hours that that has to be one of the fastest and most “painless” exchange processes I’ve seen and you didn’t even miss a night of sleep between the pickup of your old mattress and the delivery of your new one :slight_smile:

I hope that your new mattress with the higher quality and firmer materials will end up being a more suitable and more long lasting experience than your first one and I hope you have the chance to provide an additional update over the course of the next few weeks and/or months.

Phoenix

I have owned an estasi + king for about 2 years. One word terrible.
It was great at first but now it is really saggy under my bottom. I have to stick pillows under me to get any support.
If I had to do it over again I would have bought another tempurpedic or something else.
I tried reading through their 30 page warranty it is very complicated and specifically states that getting softer is not covered.
“changes in softness (which may take place over the years), which are natural and do not affect the characteristics of the mattress;”
I can only imagine the disappointment if someone bigger owned this brand as I am only 138# and cant get any support.

Hi sghokie,

I’m sorry to hear about your experience with the Technogel Estasi + but unfortunately because of the quality of the materials in the upper layers it’s also not surprising (see post #32 here).

[quote]I tried reading through their 30 page warranty it is very complicated and specifically states that getting softer is not covered.
“changes in softness (which may take place over the years), which are natural and do not affect the characteristics of the mattress;”[/quote]

This is also a warranty criteria that is standard in the industry and would be the same with all manufacturers. Warranties only cover defects in a mattress and not the gradual (or more rapid) loss of comfort and support that comes from the softening or breakdown of lower quality materials and they aren’t an indication of the useful life of a mattress or how long it may be before you may need to replace it (see post #174 here). This is one of the reasons why it’s so important to know the quality/durability of the materials in any mattress you are considering (see this article) so you can make sure that it doesn’t have any weak links and so you can make more meaningful comparisons with other mattresses.

While there are no great solutions for a mattress that has started sagging or developed soft spots (visible or virtual impressions) … there are some suggestions in post #4 here that may be helpful.

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback … I appreciate it.

Phoenix

Steeks, any update on how the new mattress is working out?

I contacted them it took a few days to get back to me. Then they had to schedule a mattress inspector to come out and check for the tag. Sort of like Fletch but in real life.
The inspector agreed it wasn’t good.
That was almost 1 week ago.

Still waiting for info from them.

I have given up sleeping on it and moved into my guest room with my 17-18 year old tempurpedic.

I will probably try and call them in a few days if I don’t hear anything.

A while back they gave me a replacement. It is much better that the old one.

Hi sghokie,

Thanks for the update … and I’m glad to hear that you were able to replace your mattress with one that is working better for you.

Phoenix

DO NOT BUY THIS MATTRESS. I have owned an Estasi King for 2 years now (purchased through The Healthy Back Store) and the last year on this mattress has been awful. Lower back pain will not go away and I wake up almost every night with numbness in my hands from pressure points. I’ve been trying to get someone from Techno Gel to return my call to address the warranty.

The sagging from my DH’s side of the bed is really bad and I end up rolling into it. My side doesn’t sag but it harder than when I purchased it and very uncomfortable.

I don’t want any type of replacement of this bed or anything from Techno Gel …

Hi mich40,

I’m sorry to hear that you aren’t sleeping well on your mattress. It may be a better idea to contact the retailer that you purchased from if you believe that you have a warranty claim. They will normally be able to expedite a warranty claim.

You can see the terms of the Technogel warranty here. Warranties don’t cover comfort or support issues (a mattress that is suitable or comfortable for one person may be unsuitable or uncomfortable for someone else or vice versa) but if your mattress has a visible impression that is deeper than 1" and meets all the other warranty criteria then you would most likely have a valid warranty claim.

Unfortunately this isn’t a choice you will have because warranty claims will only replace your mattress … not provide you with a refund to purchase a mattress from a different manufacturer.

Phoenix

The replacement mattress they gave me is giving out now too.
I only weigh like 140# and it is very saggy. I only have had the new one for about 10 months and only actually used it for about 9 months. It was really good for the first 7-8 months.

Hi sghokie,

I’m sorry to hear that you are also having issues with your replacement mattress as well.

If you don’t have visible impressions that are deep enough for a warranty claim there are some suggestions in post #4 here that may be helpful.

Phoenix

Well, I have to say technogel really stands behind their products. I let them know the replacement wasn’t working out and with out much hassle at all they sent me a replacement. I just got it today it is much firmer than the outgoing mattress. I haven’t slept on it yet. I am thrilled though.

Hi sghokie,

That’s great news … and thanks for the update :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I have experienced chronic and excruciating back & neck pain since I was 18 years old. I suffered a major shoulder and neck injury after slipping off of a barn roof and onto a pile lumber. I never broke any bones (to this day I don’t know how), however the muscles and tissue damage was quite severe. My doctor pumped me full of quarterzone which got me very quickly back to work… three days after the incident if I recall. The quarterzone however only made issues worse years later; the scar tissue became rock hard and began to make my muscles and joints seize. In passing time, I began to see chiropractors, which unfortunately also mislead me by not fixing the problem, but only alleviating it. Pain started to become a way of life for me.
When I was 25, I was in a vehicle roll over where my seat belt failed and came undone. To this day I don’t understand how I am alive! My spine was impacted, my hip was dislocated, and my L3 through L5, C3 through C6 were all injured. Again, no broken bones… I know, isn’t it unbelievable? Perhaps I should have been Super Dave’s Side Kick.
Tylenol 3, more chiropractic care, massage and other questionable therapies only alleviated the pain that I was now suffering. I purchased a memory foam bed that was supposed to help with posture and with correcting my body; it only made things worse, of which today many researchers are testifying to. Trust me when I say that memory foam mattresses are a complete rip off… I know, I have owned a few and will never go back.
For years I suffered. Many different pain relief medicine and anti-inflammatory medication were a normal part of daily life. At one point I was seeing a chiropractor, massage therapist, and acupuncture as much as 5 times a week each. I couldn’t exercise because the pain was so bad. My back and neck issues were literally taking over my life. After an MRI and CAT scan, I was diagnosed with Degenerative Disc disease and slight scoliosis… it was time to look at other alternatives. If I didn’t, then things will only continue to get worse.
I went shopping for a mattress. I was of course done with memory foam mattresses. I tried other coil mattresses, however they too were not helping. I then came across Technogel in an online forum. It really intrigued me that that this gel product that was invented by the big pharma Bayer and claimed to be a state of the art product. I purchased my mattress and had it delivered. The $5000 that I paid was difficult to swallow, but I was desperate and simply had to try it. Besides, does cost matter when it comes to sleeping and living a better life?
The first night I hated my mattress along with the next 2 weeks that came by, but I gave it time. As it turns out, the mattress was actually providing the support that I needed to correct the imperfections and scar tissue. The gel, which is 100% nontoxic and “biocompatible” was providing support and correcting my issues. The “3D Formation” as they call it was doing exactly that Technogel described and provided the proper comfort & support that I required. It really was the conforming product that I needed.
Here I am now one year and I have not been to chiropractor, taken any anti-inflammatories, or pain relief medication for my problems. After 18 years of pain and suffering, my Technogel Mattress has literally changed my life.

Hi josephgregory,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and experience with your Technogel mattress … I appreciate it.

I’m sorry to hear about all the many health challenges you have been facing over the years but it’s great to hear that your mattress choice worked out so well for you :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I have to say that the latest version of the technogel mattress is really good. I am very pleased with it 5 months in on mine. I am very happy that I have it.

Hi sghokie,

That’s good news … and thanks for taking the time to share another update as well.

Phoenix

Hi, Im new here so I will try to convey my issue with my new techno gel. It was an exchange from Sealy King adjustable and I just didn’t like being on a twin and sinking in the middle. So we went back and they were nice to us and asked us to look around and we settle on Technogel over Temperpudic. I thought Technogel was firmer. It has been a week and my side of the bed sinks when I roll out of bed. I tried my wife’s side of the bed and it was firmer. I may give it another week before I raise the issue with salesperson, but I will give him a call to let him know my situation. I hope this bed works!