Arizona Premium Mattress Co and SleeepEZ

Good morning,
I have been researching into a Latex King mattress that I am interested in purchasing for my wife and I and have so far looked at two companies that I think will be a good option for us. I was wondering if you can better assist us in what your recommendations might be for our particular situation. So you can have an idea my wife is 5 ft. 3" and 135 lbs and I am 5 ft. 9" 175 lbs. The two companies that I have researched are Arizona Premium Mattress Co and SleeepEZ.
I have some questions if you can please help:

1.  What is the difference between Arizona Premium Mattress Co’s King All Natural Talalay w/Free Bamboo Cover with 3" topper sand Sleepez Natural Latex Mattress 10,000 Eastern King?

2.  Do these Latex both compare to one another or are they two different types of Natural Latex? If they are different which two models do I need to keep in mind that compare to one another?

3.  I noticed that both companies allow you customize your own Latex mattress according to your needs, but they do this in different manners. From what I see Arizona Premium Mattress Co makes a 6" base and than a 2" or 3" topper and Sleepez constructs 3 X 3" latex. Which is a better way of construction and why?

4.  Are there any Latex manufactures in South Florida that you would recommend to visit and look at their Latex mattress? 

5.  Are there any other companies that you would recommend?

Any other advice or tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Look forward in hearing from you.
Respectfully,
Carlos

Hi csglobal,

While I can certainly help with “how” to choose … It’s not possible to make specific suggestions or recommendations for either a mattress, manufacturers/retailers, or combinations of materials or components because the first “rule” of mattress shopping is to always remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress. There are just too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components or which type of mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, or PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own Personal preferences) or how a mattress will “feel” to you or compare to another mattress based on specs (either yours or a mattress), sleeping positions, health conditions, or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more reliable than your own careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in step 4 of the tutorial) or your own personal sleeping experience (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

I’m not sure what you’ve read since you found the site but the best place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Both Arizona Premium and SleepEZ are members of the site which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe they both compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency.

The Arizona Premium Mattress Co’s King All Natural Talalay w/Free Bamboo Cover with 3" topper uses 100% natural Talalay with a 6" support core and a 3" comfort layer with your choice of firmness levels in each layer. They have a bamboo cover quilted with wool (for temperature regulation and which also acts as a fire barrier).

The Sleepez Natural Latex Mattress 10,000 Eastern King has three 3" layers and you can choose either 100% natural Dunlop or blended Talalay latex with your choice of firmness levels in each of the layers as well. They have a natural cotton cover quilted with wool (again for temperature regulation and which also acts as a fire barrier).

They also have different prices and different exchange/return policies as well.

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart (which would certainly include SleepEZ and Arizona Premium) and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs and firmness levels to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

Both of them would certainly make great quality/value choices.

There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here and there is also more about some of the more general differences between Talalay and Dunlop in post #7 here.

Any type or blend of latex is a high quality and durable material relative to other types of foam and the choice between them is more of a preference and budget choice than a “better/worse” choice.

There is more about the pros and cons of a single 6" core vs two separate 3" layers in post #2 here.

I’m not sure where you are in South Florida but the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the general Ft Lauderdale and Miami areas … subject to making sure that they are completely transparent (see this article) and that any mattress you are considering meets your criteria and the quality/value guidelines I linked earlier in this reply … are listed in post #2 here.

The mattress shopping tutorial includes a link to a list of the members here that sell mattresses online (in the optional online step) and many of them also sell latex and latex hybrid mattresses that use different types and blends of latex that have a wide range of different designs, options, features, return and exchange policies, and prices. Post #3 here also includes a list of online manufacturers that sell component latex mattresses as well.

Outside of the specific steps in the tutorial … once you have narrowed down your options to a list of finalists that are all choices between “good and good” and none of them have any lower quality materials or “weak links” in their design and if at this point there are no clear winners between them (which is usually a good indication that you have done some good research) then you are in the fortunate position that any of them would likely be a suitable choice and post #2 here can help you make a final choice based on your own local testing and/or your more detailed phone conversations about each of them, the firmness and suitability of each one, their prices, your preferences for different types of materials and components, designs, or types and blends of latex, the options you have after a purchase to fine tune the mattress or exchange or return the mattress or individual layers and any costs involved, any additional extras that are part of each purchase, and on “informed best judgement” based on all the other objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix