Avocado mattresses

What is the consensus on the forum about them?
I did a search in all three organic/natural threads on this forum and surprisingly there were not any results.

Hi jwblue,

Avocado is a hybrid mattress, meaning the support component is an 8" innerspring (pocket coil) with a 2" latex comfort layer above the springs. It’s a tight-top mattress (no zipper), and the cover is organic cotton quilted to wool. Were you looking for specific information?

I was looking for any opinion really.

Hi jwblue.

Avocado mattress has been discussed quite a bit by consumers and mattress experts in this Mattress Forum topic here and Avocado Mattress consumer experiences/questions here…or you can do a deeper search here.

Let us know if you have additional questions
Phoenix

I’ve been sleeping on the standard Avocado mattress for the past two weeks. I live a few blocks from their new California showroom so I was able to try out the different options several times before buying. I returned a different brand of hybrid latex mattress earlier in the year for being too soft so I didn’t want to get the pillow top version for fear of a repeat scenario. I’m 5’9" and about 160lbs and found the standard Avocado mattress too firm. I was waking up several times per night and tossing/turning trying to get comfortable. I have a 3" 24ILD Dunlop latex topper from a latex hybrid I returned so I put that on top of the Avocado. It took a few days to acclimate but now I’m sleeping great. I’m mostly a back sleeper but do sometimes roll onto my sides and the 24 ILD topper seems to strike the perfect balance for that. With the right topper you should be able to make it work for you unless you’re petite in which case you might want to consider something softer.